UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Big families and SHTF

3/27/09 1:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kanotoa
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have 1 kid and I really feel that is right for me. I think kids are great as long as you can provide for them, with my one son I feel like I could take care of him no matter what happened as long as it's a situation where I could take care of myself.

I really hope things don't go bad for his sake. I've had a pretty good run but he is still young. I sometimes worry that he might grow up having to struggle.
3/28/09 9:46 PM
The Double Deuce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my brother is about to have a child. I have no children. Sometimes you used to hear people saying its not fair to bring kids into this world. I always thought that was bullshit. Kids are great, but raising them in this fucked up world posses its challenges.
3/31/09 4:14 PM
mfah

I have a 5 year old son and a 4 year old daughter, wife is preg with what we just found out will be a boy.

every generation seems to have its dooms day.

WW1, depression , WW2 , Vietnam, Cold war, Gulf war ect ect

"theres nothing to fear but fear itself"

Enjoy life , have kids if you want. If the past generators felt that way and acted on it alot of us wouldnt be here.
3/31/09 4:33 PM
mfah

Edited: 03/31/09 4:35 PM
But to answer the question.

We will soon be a fam of 5, thats not huge but its a good size family.Planning a good sized garden in the back my property, and looking into a few hens for eggs and eat if i can lol

Perparing a but out bag, but honestly with 3 small kids where the fuck will i go. Hiding in woods with screaming crying kids aint happening :)

Thinking of generator or a few solar panels to maintain well pump and furnace if electric goes out. Some food cans stored up.

But really if shit happens we'll all just to adapt or die.
4/4/09 1:21 PM
gregbrady
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mfah - I have a 5 year old son and a 4 year old daughter, wife is preg with what we just found out will be a boy.

every generation seems to have its dooms day.

WW1, depression , WW2 , Vietnam, Cold war, Gulf war ect ect

"theres nothing to fear but fear itself"

Enjoy life , have kids if you want. If the past generators felt that way and acted on it alot of us wouldnt be here.

That's the truth.
4/4/09 1:35 PM
kanotoa
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am doing things to prepare, but i am hoping for the best. I like life as we know it now.
4/9/09 9:27 AM
mfah

Edited: 04/09/09 9:29 AM
"I like life as we know it now."

kanotoa , its funny how people say that now, but a few months back everyone one wanted shit to change.

I dont want to see anyone lose the jobs are anything like that but we do take alot of shit for granted.

I recently bought a bunch of board games for the family. Now we sit at the table and actually INTERACT with each other . Before we would all blankly stare a screen for hours being midly entertained and force fed product ads.

Oh well lemonade from lemons I suppose

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.