UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> AGA scoring hypothetical 2

3/31/09 7:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hiza Geri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good discussion on the last one!

Here is another: Grappler A is in Grappler B's guard. Grappler B shifts his hips and slaps A in an armbar with both of B's arms in (one in armbar position, the other upside down on top ). A stacks B and pulls him elbow below the danger point. B, knowing the sub is lost, puts A back into guard. A reaches up and applies steady pressure to a can opener. B releases guard and A manages to pass to side control for 2 seconds and then jumps to knee on belly for at least 3 seconds. Who scores what (include possible penalties).
3/31/09 8:29 AM
Lucian

Edited: 03/31/09 8:29 AM
OK OK I'll take a stab at it. Grappler B initially gets an advantage mark for the attempted submission. I am unsure of the classification of a ballistic neck crank, but I assume that a steady pressure can opener would not apply and therefore A would score for the guard pass with no penalty. No points would score for side mount since it is only maintained for 2 seconds but A would then score 3 points for knee on belly.

On second review of the AGA rules, I see nothing about scoring by passing guard so the only points scored would be 3 points for A for knee on belly and an advantage mark for B for the submission attempt assuming it was attempted for a sufficient amount of time.
3/31/09 8:34 AM
Hiza Geri

Lucian with the correct!

My attempt at defining a "ballistic" neck crank would be to differentiate between a slow, steady can opener or other neck crank to say, the "Bas Rutten Crucifix", where you sit out and your whole body is putting pressure on the guys cervical vertebrae. I imagine we will have to show examples to get our point across at the rules meeting. For example, a can opener, if applied like an asshole, would be ballistic and get you dq'd.

You are correct in that there are no points for passing guard. If you pass guard and hold control, though, you will end up in one of the point winning control positions.
3/31/09 10:27 AM
KeithRL

Edited: 03/31/09 11:15 AM
LOL at all this.

Admit it Hiza, my rule against perpetuity question the other day made you miss law school.

(Not that this isn't a good idea.)
3/31/09 12:49 PM
Hiza Geri

LOL

Most of ya'll won't know this (am I'm NOT doing it on purpose), but my hypotheticals read just like a bar exam question. Sorry, force of habit, I guess.
4/14/09 2:45 PM
manley0702
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if he has knee on chest, has he not passed guard? i'd give him points for the pass and knee on chest. if he holds knee on chest for 3 seconds, he should get the points for the pass and the knee on chest. i'm probably wrong but thats how i would see it.
4/14/09 3:02 PM
Hiza Geri

There are no points for passing guard in the rules. If you pass and then maintain a "superior position" for 3 seconds, you score. Otherwise, no score.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.