UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Firearms in workplace

4/3/09 2:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Possible Human
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking about joining a really nice gun club across the street from my work. The problem is that my work has a policy of no firearms on corporate grounds. That would seem to bar me from even having a gun in my trunk that I could then take to the gun club. My question is can they legally do that? I have a high capacity weapon/concealed carry permit from my state (Massachusetts), so can they actually enforce this policy? I did not sign anything saying I would adhere to this policy.

Thank you.
4/3/09 2:16 PM
pm1964
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The short answer is "yes, they can."
4/3/09 7:27 PM
Fake Pie
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am going to go out on a limb here and say Mass doesn't have a law saying they can't. Absent such a law, private company, private property = they make the rules. Don't like it, quit.
4/3/09 9:57 PM
Possible Human

" Don't like it, quit."

lol. A little testy.
4/3/09 10:05 PM
Fake Pie
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not testy, just saying, that is how the free market works.
4/3/09 10:08 PM
Possible Human

The sky is blue. FYI. ;)
4/4/09 1:09 PM
StephenL

ask the club if you can keep your gun there. they make say no due to FFL and insurance reasons.
4/14/09 8:20 PM
GladiatorGannon
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possible Human - I have a high capacity weapon/concealed carry permit from my state (Massachusetts), so can they actually enforce this policy?

not if you don't tell them about it. and check up on what Mass says about storing a firearm in a car at all, may be a violation of your license.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.