UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Pedal powered generators

4/4/09 1:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pecker
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.humboldt.edu/~ccat/pedalpower/josephSP2004/index.html 

Pretty impressive for small devices or emergency power- a bike powered generator!
4/4/09 4:13 AM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that would work.
4/5/09 4:06 PM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats sweet, connect it to the grid and make some $$ while you excercise!
4/5/09 6:18 PM
ClayK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw something like that, but it was for water filtration. The bike had a filter system built on board. Basically, a person could ride the bike to the stream/lake/body of water, then pedal home. Your footwork would filter the water as you brought it back.
4/8/09 5:27 PM
kanotoa
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that would be a great system if you had a connector for all different sorts of tools.
4/13/09 7:25 PM
johnnypayne
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

better off attaching a rowing machine to a bloody big flywheel and generator, that way you use your whole body and not just you legs
4/23/09 12:48 PM
kanotoa
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to get one of those direct mechanical generators, the one that powers the appliances directly and doesn't make electricity. You can do anything with it, run a washing machine, blender, tools, husk nuts or make flour or even make electricity if you need it. It it a wise investment IMO. I ride the exercise bike at work and I can ride for about 40 minutes. If my life depended on it I could get it up to however long I needed.

On thing that is important is the seat. If you have an uncomfortable seat you will be less inclined to use the machine, I prefer recombinant bikes.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.