UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Manny Gamburyan

4/4/09 8:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lucian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AFC BJJ will be host to UFC fighter Manny Gamburyan some time in April. He will be holding some workshops for anyone who is interested. Manny is a Judo BB and accomplished mixed martial artist with a great deal of expertise to offer. Workshops will most likely emphasize aspects of MMA and no gi grappling and will be very reasonably priced around $80 to $100 per person. We are trying to gauge the amount of interest so if you guys would like to be involved just get in touch with myself or J. Savoian @ 310-941-4657.
4/4/09 8:17 AM
Lucian

our website: www.americanfightclubalabama.com
4/6/09 2:35 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/6/09 3:16 PM
BlazerinTraining

to the top
4/9/09 8:15 AM
Lucian

does that mean we'll see some of you there?
4/13/09 12:03 AM
Lucian

Yeah, I guess being the man of steel, you really don't have anything else to learn from mere mortals :)
4/13/09 6:17 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gamburyan is a choad....100 bucks is Bravo prices! I would maybe pay 20.
4/14/09 6:08 AM
Stranglehold26

by "maybe i would pay 20" i really mean, I would never pay a single red cent for a manny gamburyan seminar.

Will he be teaching how to hold your hand up for a touch of the gloves and then throw a body kick? class act!
4/16/09 10:55 AM
gorillagrappling

My full body flex (Lex Luger) has been needing some work. I think I may go. Manny has a mean FBF.
4/16/09 11:00 AM
Lucian

given the level of interest, we are reconsidering having manny come to train with us. we will keep everyone posted about any other seminars in the future. thanks for your feedback.
4/16/09 7:52 PM
Hiza Geri

Dude, seriously, if you are wanting real "feedback" on THIS forum...

I know I use it for advertising, but I've been here for a long time. Contact the other schools and see what you can get.

And for sure, don't "thank" these guys...
4/16/09 7:53 PM
Hiza Geri

And "these guys" are my friends...
4/17/09 12:47 AM
Lucian

There was a twinge of sarcasm that did not come across in text. I am however a generally polite person and will not resort to trash talk very easily. In all honesty, it is not because of the feedback that manny will not be coming out. I guess the next time we have BJJ black belts or UFC veterans in town (which there will be many) I should just keep the information to myself?
On second thought, perhaps those of you with opinions could just let us know who it is you would like us to have out for a seminar and we will get them. Instead of bickering back and forth online, we can take advantage of the connections that some of us have on the west coast and make alabama a more premier place to train BJJ and MMA.
Thanks again for the feedback

www.americanfightclubalabama.com
4/17/09 4:30 AM
Stranglehold26

just because a guy fought in the ufc does not make him a good candidate for a seminar. Just something to mull over in case you are thinking about having John Hess come and do a SAFTA seminar.

For the record, I would pay 100 bucks for a Hess seminar, just so I could gouge his eyes out with my thumb.
4/17/09 7:54 AM
Lucian

I'll see if I can reach him on his cellular. I think he had a 50% win record in the UFC! That's pretty good right? I mean Vitor was on steroids when he beat him and Royce Gracie even ducked a fight with him.
4/17/09 8:05 AM
Hiza Geri

LOL at both of those posts!
4/17/09 8:17 AM
Lucian

That is funny though, I had forgotten about him.

Honestly, between Joe and Ricco, there are a lot of good fighters (both in the UFC and not) that we could bring out for seminars...we just have to make sure that we are going to be able to cover the cost. In order to do that we have to gauge interest, so I will keep everyone posted about possible future guest to AFCBJJ. For example Andy Wang will come out in June to train with us and Ricco will be back in about 7 weeks. I am sure someone on here could talk bad about anyone I mention and you are entitled to your opinion. We are not trying to scam money off of you, simply share the opportunity to train with some good BJJ/MMA fighters.
So...in all honesty, I do appreciate the feedback albeit somewhat spiteful/patronizing/sarcastic at times, that is why I am posting on this forum.
4/17/09 8:30 AM
Stranglehold26

At least Ricco is a legit BB in BJJ, which is a great thing to have for a seminar. Andy Wang, Manny and those other TUF rejects probably wont generate alot of interest with those outside the TUF noob community.
4/17/09 8:46 AM
Hiza Geri

Whilst maybe not in the same language, I would probably share a majority of that opinion...
4/17/09 5:00 PM
Josh J

I will definately be back when Ricco comes back. I think I'd pass on Manny and Andy Wang.
4/17/09 5:11 PM
BlazerinTraining

Im not sure about Manny but isnt Wang a bb too?

Lucian is this usually gi only?
4/17/09 7:22 PM
Lucian

Yeah Andy is a BB too but some people claim for some reason he is not a "legit" black belt. I know he is better than me and I am looking forward to training with him. Manny is a Judo black belt but I don't know about his BJJ status. As far as Ricco and Andy go those aren't really seminars, just regular practices taught by BB in the gi for the most part since that is what we do about 80% of the time. They are friends of Joes who are coming to help build the school and spread Machado JJ, we are just trying to share the wealth by inviting people for these sessions (last one we only asked for some gas money for Ricco). I haven't trained with Andy yet, but I have trained with Ricco and as Josh J can attest to, he knows his stuff and is easy to learn from. If we bring someone else in for a seminar, it may be for no gi / mma since that is what more people are interested in, but again we are trying to feel that out and dont want to go bust by flying someone in just to have noone show up. I know the AGA had talked about doing some similiar seminars and I am sure Joe would be open to working with everyone...you know his number.

www.americanfightclubalabama.com
4/18/09 2:57 PM
BlazerinTraining

sounds good man. do us a favor and let us know both gi and no gi practices or seminars you guys are having. I am sure that even though some people on here talk a lot of trash they would still be interested in training with most of those guys for the experience. I appreciate what you guys are trying to do and if I can find the time I'd like to come out for one or two of the no gi practices myself
4/19/09 10:03 AM
gorillagrappling

Lucian, don't take anything personally in here. Or seriously. You are better off trying to advertise your seminars in the local babysitter forum though. We are all just having fun in here and I don't think anyone aside from Hiza and myself have ever used this forum (successfully) for advertising. If you are oging to continue to post here you are oging to have to stop being so serious and nice. YOu must verbally assault at least two people per day in order to keep your membership current. Carry on.
4/19/09 10:12 AM
Hiza Geri

You could, for instance, start with Lumbricus for being so limp as to not even make an appearance at the tournament...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.