UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Manny Gamburyan

4/19/09 10:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lucian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's not my style but thanks for the advice. By all means carry on with the antics, I really do take no offense whatsoever.
4/19/09 10:33 AM
Lucian

What's the URL for that babysitter forum? I will post updates there as well.
4/19/09 3:35 PM
gorillagrappling

LOLs. Try al.com. Just kidding. They will kick you out for even talking about bjj or mma. Dude, just let it loose lucian. Like. Call stranglhold26 a back benching no skills having cracker. It's fun.
4/19/09 10:05 PM
Josh J

There were definatley guys there who were well above white belt. I know there were at least a few good purple belts.

I'm expecting the next one to be bigger.
4/20/09 4:09 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there was a couple of decent blues, and a few purples...but you are correct that there was nobody there at your level.

Shout out to my boy Brennan for d'arcin fools on his way to the gold in the beginner division. Kid is gettin pretty good and beat a guy who has been MMA fighting for at least two or three years and used to train with Dave at Gorilla Grappling. Brennan has been training for like 6 months and other than escaping a triangle was never in any trouble and won the match in convincing fashion.

Good job to Adrian as well, although the Spartan curse lives on as Chase Horton got the sub in the intermediate finals after Adrian tooled his way to the beginner gold.

Last thing. If you are gonna call your gym "jits supremacy", please have guys who can beat someone, anyone who is not a member of your own gym, do not have some guy from your gym telling people he beat Rich Franklin in a boxing match and don't have a total tool 45 year old bald guy try to hit on Brennan's GF ( Who is a solid 9 By the way)....then have the same tool hit the mat and get tapped by Adrian with ease...only to say it was because he had already competed in the old bastard division and lost because he was winded.
4/20/09 6:04 AM
Josh J

Nothing against "Jits Supremecy", but I freaking hate that name. Worst name ever.

There should be some better guys there next time. I'm going to try to talk some of the Triad guys into going. If I get my way there will be several purples, a brown, and maybe a black.
4/20/09 7:22 AM
Hiza Geri

Edited: 04/20/09 7:35 AM
realtalk: not driving a 100+ mile round trip to see white belt level grappling. no offense, because the aga is all good by me, but my truck hates me and dont wanna go that far.

get the next one to happen in trusville, samford or anywhere closer to civilization.

It isn't 100 from Hoover to St. Clair High and back.  Get a ride!  And if you think Birmingham equals "civilization"...
4/20/09 8:41 AM
Lucian

BlazerinTraining:
We have open mat on Sunday evening starting at 7:30. We usually do no gi then and also a little sparring for the few of us who like to mix it up. You are welcome to come by any Sunday to train with us if you like. The rest of the week we train with the gi which I also highly suggest checking out. As for seminars or practices with the BB's, I will keep you up to date on those as well as I get the details.
4/20/09 4:47 PM
Josh J

Lucian, are you coming down this coming Saturday?

Anyone else who wants to come is invited.
4/20/09 6:30 PM
Lucian

Josh J, yes I was planning on coming and bringing 3 other guys potentially if that is cool.
4/20/09 6:48 PM
Josh J

That's fine Lucian. The more the better.

Lumbricus terrestris - Where do you train? Would I know you? Seth talks like you are pretty high level in BJJ. The BJJ community in AL is a small one. I'm sure I've at least heard of you. I just like to know who I'm talking to if possible.
4/20/09 7:46 PM
gorillagrappling

Who did Brenna wrestle from GG? Quention?
4/20/09 9:06 PM
MOWA Outlaw

Josh J - Lumbricus terrestris - Where do you train? Would I know you?...

LOL. Gotta be that dude from Ghost Busters. Gotta be.
4/21/09 4:14 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freddy, it was Neal Ragsdale.
4/21/09 4:15 AM
Stranglehold26

Yeah its the ghostbuster. Thats the only name we know him by...he is a pretty mythical dude, who only shows up out of the blue to destroy people on the mat, then he goes back to seclusion. his Budo is strong.
4/21/09 8:35 AM
Stranglehold26

salter only charges a 20oz dew for a private...well that and the other things he makes you do.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.