UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Braised Chicken Thighs

4/4/09 7:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just made this recipe... awesomeness.

http://freeculinaryschool.com/how-to-cook-braised-chicken-thighs-my-current-death-row-meal/comment-page-1/#comment-1071

(Blue namer please link... thanks!)
4/22/09 9:04 AM
MisoWhoreKnee
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

freeculinaryschool.com/how-to-cook-braised-chicken-thighs-my-current-death-row-meal/comment-page-1/ 

It looks pretty damn tasty.
4/22/09 8:11 PM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks WhoreKnee!
4/23/09 10:39 AM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I made this recipe with some alterations last night and was really happy with it. The technique of keeping the skin above the surface of the braising liquid works great.

I didn't have spinach and instead threw in some carrots and Brussels sprouts during the mushroom frying step and was happy with the result.
6/2/09 8:38 PM
Kevin Curtis

I did a Cajun version tonight...

I sauteed the thighs until the skin was crispy, seasoned them with Cajun spice ( P Prudhomme's blackened red-fish spice) and set aside.

Sauteed red peppers, mushrooms, green onions and garlic, and season to taste with salt, pepper and Cajun spice. De-glazed with wine and reduced. Chicken thighs went back into the pan and into a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.

Removed thighs and added spinach and heated till they wilted... added roux to thicken sauce.

Served sauce mixture and thighs over rice.

...turned out pretty good.
6/2/09 10:35 PM
MisoWhoreKnee
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I will try this recipe in the next few days and report back.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.