UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> help buying rifle scope

4/5/09 4:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rammer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

long time lurker here..
Glad to see a survival forum finally ..
I recently bought a cz 452 American lr and was now interested in buying a decent scope and setup, rings etc.. . But with so many to choose from I was was hoping some of you gentlemen can shed some light on the subject and recommend good quality scope and rig for under $300.
4/5/09 4:04 PM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you definitely get what you pay for man, I know a few serious shooters that use scopes more expensive than their gun. At that price range I'd go leupold , they are rock solid and basically have a lifetime warranty. you could break it ten years from now and mail in without a reciept and get a new one in the mail. A leupold rifleman is in that price range.
4/5/09 10:27 PM
armlok
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You'll need a scope with a paralax adj to get it down for 50yds. Buy the best you can afford, leupy rifleman is made in China IIRC, VXII are better. Bushnell elites and nkon buckmasters are good too.
4/6/09 2:24 AM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armlok - You'll need a scope with a paralax adj to get it down for 50yds. Buy the best you can afford, leupy rifleman is made in China IIRC, VXII are better. Bushnell elites and nkon buckmasters are good too.

I did not know that their lower line was made in china, dam i was thinking rifleman for my next purchase, that explains the cost. I do have a vxII 3-9 x 40 and its pretty sweet.
4/6/09 3:16 AM
armlok
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buckmasters are made in the phillipines IIRC, elites I'm not even able to guess. But these scopes have good reps AFAIK. Check out SWFA.com's sample-list for good prices.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.