UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Can't find a job in the field :(

4/6/09 2:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dcastillo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, I am so frustrated/depressed/stressed out.

I am nearing my graduation. Im getting a B.A in CJ at FIU down here in Miami. I literally have been looking for a job in the Law/Security sector for the last 1 1/2 years, but have had to settle for restaurant jobs/family business delivering stuff, both pay shit and make me miserable.

Everytime I've gone in for an interview for a paralegal position I've done well only to get ousted by a fine ass latina girl with huge tits. This has happend 3 times, and the last time when the girl was called in she said something like "Oooh everyone at this office is cute" I knew I was done for when I heard that.

And the times Ive gotten lucky enough, the economy decided to collapse putting that particular firm on a hiring freeze. Anyone has any advice or a bone they can throw me down here, im started to think I went into the wrong field despite my love for the subject.
4/6/09 3:08 PM
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

have you thought of a sex change?
4/6/09 3:21 PM
Dcastillo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too expensive.

I was thinking of just getting Implants.
4/6/09 5:31 PM
Dcastillo

^
The fact that beautifull females without any post highschool education are filling fairly easy entry level positions where your GPA/Alma Mater obviously do not matter punches holes in your even yet shittier suggestion.

Do me a favor and don't post on my threads if your not going to be contructive or at the very least funny.

Given that, a person's GPA/Major/Alma Mater IS important but in no way should it be the ultimate indicator as to how someone is going to perform under real world circumstances.

If those are the only things you look at when your staffing your firm, I hope your well adept at using a sheep stick.
4/6/09 5:39 PM
Dcastillo

Those things aside, how did you do in your FL BAR exam?
4/6/09 6:13 PM
pm1964
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The problem is that you may well be overqualified for some of the positions you're applying for, if uneducated hot chicks are getting them. It does not sound like they are paralegal jobs, but more like office assistant jobs, whose primary function is to fetch files and things, and look good. Have you looked into internships with a local police department, or agency? Government jobs?
4/6/09 6:42 PM
goku

where are all the hot paralegals/assistants at my firm????
4/6/09 6:48 PM
Dcastillo

PM, they are advertised as paralegal jobs.

I mean when a company posts

"Legal Assistant/Paralegal"

Im assuming thats what they are looking for, and not a secretary.

The MDPD has something where you work with the Post Office, I dont know exactly, it was strange when they were explaining it but I didnt find it interesting at all and the hiring process seemed extremely long for an unpaid internship something along the lines of 3 weeks.

Local Gov't jobs hm, like what in particular?
4/6/09 6:59 PM
Dcastillo

turducken - 3 week hiring process is not long

Thats from the time your told your hired till the time you start working, if that.

You never answered my question btw. Im asking out of geniune curiousity.

Goku -

I live in freakin' Miami, there is an abundance down here.

I rechecked some positions I applied for, Im pretty sure that chick had no clue on how to use some of the software requirements.
4/6/09 7:49 PM
Dcastillo

Word, any tips you can give me?
4/7/09 3:04 AM
Dcastillo

Alright how about law school, what can you tell me about that?

Its either that or Im going to the Air Force after I graduate.
4/7/09 1:51 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FIU isn't a bad school. Look, law offices hire good looking acessories. That is just a fact of life. If you don't have great tits, you need a law degree. If your GPA is low, go with St. Thomas. They are still ABA accredited so WTF?

If you want to go into law, either become a cop or a lawyer. Office work is for da bitches and hot ones only. Why you ask? Because MOST of the women working at law firms are trying to land a lawyer. So since MOST are going to be prime fucking material, we get our pick and we pick the hotties.
4/8/09 11:28 PM
Xtina

Edited: 04/08/09 11:29 PM
 oh man, i hope i land a lawyer.

*hopes* 

*rolls eyes*

btw, san diego border patrol is hiring. 
4/9/09 9:26 AM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xtina - Did I use the word MOST? I could have sworn I did. At anyrate, take it in context. It was reffering to the office "help." Not the attorneys. It also said MOST of them. Not all.
4/10/09 12:48 AM
Xtina

way to take things much too seriously. 

srsly.
4/12/09 12:43 PM
Dcastillo

Hes a lawyer what you expect Xtina lol.

bflex - 

If you want to go into law, either become a cop or a lawyer.

Isnt that aalready a given?

I HATE law enforcement, I did a couple of police ride alongs and ive spoken with friends that have become officers, fuck that shit.

Also I can definitely pad my GPA I have 15 credits that I can do ANYTHING with left. St.Thomas sounds like a good choice. And about law offices hiring accesories, man, I knew it, its so obvious I just needed someone to tell me. You got any friends that are trying to hire some office hands? At this point Im ready to cross dress if needed.
4/14/09 8:11 PM
GladiatorGannon
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dcastillo - Man, I am so frustrated/depressed/stressed out.

I am nearing my graduation. Im getting a B.A in CJ at FIU down here in Miami. I literally have been looking for a job in the Law/Security sector for the last 1 1/2 years, but have had to settle for restaurant jobs/family business delivering stuff, both pay shit and make me miserable.

Everytime I've gone in for an interview for a paralegal position I've done well only to get ousted by a fine ass latina girl with huge tits. This has happend 3 times, and the last time when the girl was called in she said something like "Oooh everyone at this office is cute" I knew I was done for when I heard that.

And the times Ive gotten lucky enough, the economy decided to collapse putting that particular firm on a hiring freeze. Anyone has any advice or a bone they can throw me down here, im started to think I went into the wrong field despite my love for the subject.

the T&A factor combined with the recession is changing the american workplace. at my friends office, they have laid off all the guys and fat chicks, all thats left is hotties, and bosses with seniority.
4/18/09 5:38 PM
Dcastillo

turducken - 
Dcastillo - how did you do in your FL BAR exam?

Just found out that I passed!!

Good fucking job dude, I got one grade back from this semester. Its a B+ so that helps a lil. Im considering Yoga and Wine tasting as some of the electives I will choose to pad my GPA
4/18/09 5:39 PM
Dcastillo

GladiatorCannon-

lol dam man. freaking hot chicks, always getting the best of us.
4/19/09 2:10 AM
Xtina

wine tasting is harder than you'd think.
4/19/09 12:22 PM
JackShrimp

Women lawyers are hot. I dig smart women. Plus, they usually have to work harder than well endowed chicks so they're more practical minded.

So when you get that job you can try to land a successful lawyer too.
4/21/09 6:23 PM
Dcastillo

JackShrimp before I dated that ex of mine I was seeing a 30+ year old law chick who was a total FOX plus I was like 19 at the time. I have pics, but Im totally wasted in them so Id rather not show lol.
4/21/09 9:01 PM
goku

Dcastillo - JackShrimp before I dated that ex of mine I was seeing a 30+ year old law chick who was a total FOX plus I was like 19 at the time. I have pics, but Im totally wasted in them so Id rather not show lol.

romoshop yourself out and post it
4/22/09 5:58 PM
Dcastillo

Nah im too lazy to romoshop, fuck it.

Just know I was extra fucking drunk this night Just look at my eyes I wasnt there anymore dude. she had to steer me around for a bit lol. I recovered eventually and we had a good time.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/2/l_12ee23336efea0672603c28d684a4767.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/14/l_595bd07cf6207ffe8f2aeef6946d33cf.jpg

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/10/l_c4b794b920fbc0b02732830e5a0c51a9.jpg
4/22/09 11:23 PM
Dcastillo

Edited: 04/22/09 11:23 PM
^ LOL. Thats a first. ahaha

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.