UnderGround Forums

PhotoshopGround >> Digital SLR cameras

5/16/09 4:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
arclight
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"One thing is hard to argue without bias though, is that you can't go wrong with either Canon or Nikon. "

Agree, both make very competitive bodies, and their competition as well as the jump by Sony, Olympus etc. in the budget DSLR segment has really stepped up the overall level of features being delivered in the $1500 and under and particularly sub-$1000 department. Nikon's low end bodies are pretty damn good even though I'm a Canon fan.
5/16/09 7:57 PM
FredHammer
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy a older used Canon Rebel...Can't go wrong.
5/16/09 8:42 PM
Magnetic
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Magnetic Marketing Associates, President
i Have the cannon XTI in silver with two lenses and Ill sell it.

I just bought the Nikon d90
5/16/09 8:56 PM
ribz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

killthetraitor - Interested in getting one. Not going to need it for making large prints so very high megapixel count is not necessary. Also dont want to spend a fortune. Any ideas?

Burgandy,
The 5d is not what this guy wants.
Did you read the original post?

Look at Canons and Nikons. Pick the one that you like that fits your budget. You can't go wrong. Get a couple lenses.
11/11/09 3:00 PM
dentalninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a Nikon D40 and D90.

I actually use the D40 more; the D90 takes better pictures but almost has too many features.
11/11/09 8:03 PM
arclight

"Look at Canons and Nikons. Pick the one that you like that fits your budget. You can't go wrong. Get a couple lenses. "

Agreed, it's hard to go wrong with either these days. And FYI used Canon 40D's I see used on Craigslist frequently in the 6-650 range, don't know much about the Nikon market but I'm sure there are equivalent values with them as well.

At some point money is better invested in kickass lenses rather than paying for features in the body that are way beyond what you need.
11/21/09 12:11 AM
piratepirate
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have really fallen in love with the Sony Alpha series
11/25/09 11:13 PM
piratepirate
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

larpyiff - 
piratepirate - I have really fallen in love with the Sony Alpha series

interesting.  why?

I don't know, I currently own a Nikon, and a Canon still.
But love my Sony Alpha.

Its an a550, I like it,
I am by no means a professional photographer, and have camera's in the 500 - 800 dollar range. I use adobe photo editing software of course, and am just happier with the images I am getting from my Alpha.
11/26/09 12:40 AM
arclight

Just picked up a spare 40D body for $625 on Craigslist.
1/28/10 7:55 AM
LiteBlu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Hasselblad H4D-60 is a good beginner's / first time dlsr user's camera. You should definitely think about getting one of those.
1/28/10 7:56 AM
LiteBlu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"From: larpyiff
Posted: 11/21/09 5:26 PM Member Since: 2/6/08

piratepirate - I have really fallen in love with the Sony Alpha series

interesting. why?"

The Legacy of Konica Minolta
1/28/10 10:05 AM
e. kaye

I used to shoot Minolta film equipment and it was always under rated.  Minolta just never was as sexy as Nikon, Canon, Leica, Hasselblad, etc.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.