UnderGround Forums

Iowa Underground >> Update on Mike Kerker

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/6/09 4:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sirquack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can anyone give me an update on how Mike Kerker's knees are doing? My nephew rolled with him over the weekend at the Sasquatch Open in Davenport and he was hurtin' for certain after the last match.
I want to make sure he is OK. We respect Greg and his guys and gals up there in Cedar Falls and we would hate to see one of his guys get hurt in a tournament.
Give me an update here if possible.
4/10/09 12:48 AM
Halz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I called him tonight and left a message.  He is never one to bitch about anything much (except dumb ass girls in a hotel room but that is a completely different story)  and I assume that he is doing ok since he texted me and asked about if Curran was coming for a seminar.  He is.
4/10/09 12:54 AM
Halz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW I might be in Des Moines for some training in the near future.  What are the daytime training hours at DM BJJ?
4/11/09 10:31 PM
Halz

I watched the gi match today.  That was crazy.  6 minutes in overtime.  Just 2 extremely good blue belts going at it there.  Mike is good, he might have to have it scoped, but he is cool with it.  Not upset about the surgury, more upset that he could not pass guard!  Gives his respect.
4/12/09 8:18 PM
sirquack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for getting back to me Greg. Wish him well from me and my nephew. Let him know that Henry took first at Grapplers Quest a few weeks ago at his weight, and no one there passed his guard either.
As for the hours at the club. The day time hours are easy, we have class or open mat from 11 am to noon every weekday except Thursday.
If you wanna come in and work out at some other time, let me know and I will put the word out to our guys that are open to off hours work outs. With a few days notice, I can usually work something out with the guys.
Thanks for the update Greg.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.