UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Terrorists

4/7/09 3:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Originally posted this on OG but really belongs here.  Any help would be appreciated.

I was just wondering what the general legality is regarding being associated with terrorists?  Is it illegal to do any business with them at all?  Also, what is the legality regarding simply being friends with them or networking with them or things like that?   What if I simply have a chat with one at a party.  Is that illegal?  Is it illegal to buy a terrorist a gift?

Also, do there have to be warrants out for their arrrest for this to be valid or is it if they are on some list.  I mean, how am I supposed to know whether Kumar (or insert other foreign sounding name) is a terrorist?  If i'm 80% sure he is a terrorist does this mean I shouldn't, for instance, sell him weapons?  Also, does this apply to domestic terrorists the same as foreign terrorsts?

Furthermore, I'm not sure I can decifer a terrorist from an enemy combatant.  Say my buddy killed US soldiers in Iraq with roadside bombs, does that make him a terrorist or simply an enemy combatant? 
4/7/09 4:52 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

***forwards post to Justice Department***
4/8/09 1:48 PM
Subadie

Edited: 04/08/09 1:54 PM
Even though this is a troll, I'll bite. A terrorist is a member or “material supporter” of a “terrorist organization” or a person who engages in terrorist activities. There are three tiers of terrorist organizations.

Tier I includes those organizations which have been officially designated as such by the Dept of State, see INA Sect 219. Tier II includes those identified under executive order and others, and according to the REAL ID Act of 2005, a Tier III terrorist organization is a non-designated organization defined as “groups of two or more individuals, whether organized or not, which engages in, or has a subgroup which engages in, terrorist activity.”

Question: Can you prove that you do not know that this group or individual engages in terrorist activities ? I would say that this internet posting, (which NSA is certain to find) makes it pretty clear that you do know.

By providing material support to a terrorist, YOU are in fact, thereby a terrorist yourself.

Bflex : I think you should send it to DHS !
4/8/09 4:14 PM
VectorWega

So if it's just an individual that straps bombs to his chest then I'm cool.

4/8/09 7:24 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't the Department of Justice in charge of torture? I don't trust DHS. They haven't been around long enough and even though the various organizations have, they are still kinda new to the game. I just want somebody to torture people for posting dumb shit.

Vector - GO FOR IT!
4/8/09 8:03 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Conspiracy
4/9/09 4:44 PM
VectorWega

I've decided not to pursue any relations with terrorists.  I appreciate your help in this matter.
4/14/09 8:42 PM
GladiatorGannon
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have a feeling this troll is not well-thought-out, and will end in an anal cavity search.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.