UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> You Can Learn ALOT from this DOG

4/7/09 4:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PTM2020
919 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dog eats baby goats, survives on remote island

A pet Australian cattle dog swam to shore after going overboard

By Michael Inbar
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 8:04 a.m. PT, Tues., April. 7, 2009 function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633747134566330000');

Australian cattle dog Sophie Tucker spent her life as a pampered house pet, but when the going got rough, showed mettle that could put her human counterparts on “Survivor” to shame.

The plucky pooch was separated from her owners when she fell overboard in choppy waters, but swam five miles to an island, surviving on a diet of wild goats for four months until miraculously being reunited with her family.

“She surprised us all,” ecstatic owner Jan Griffith told the National Australian Associated Press News Agency. “She was a house dog and look what’s she done, she’s swum over five nautical miles, she’s managed to live off the land all on her own. We wish she could talk, we really do.”

4/7/09 4:57 PM
PTM2020
919 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Video
Pup returns home after falling overboard
April 7: Sophie the dog returned to her owners in Australia after reportedly falling off their boat four months ago. Msnbc.com's Dara Brown reports.

msnbc.com

4/7/09 4:57 PM
PTM2020

Edited: 04/07/09 5:29 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30088069/

AWESOME STORY
4/8/09 5:26 PM
kanotoa
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanotoa=that dog
5/1/09 2:08 AM
McSlugga
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was so happy to hear this story, my cousin Sean had an Australian Cattle Dog. Id highly reccomend the breed to anyone that can have a dog that sheds and has the time to take it for walks.

The smartest and most loyal dog I have ever met bar none, and Ive known quite a few dogs in my life.

And who doesnt want a dog thats half Dingo?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.