UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> what happened to mask?

4/9/09 3:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hoodlum02
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mask from tapout? whats the deal with his recent death? saw a memorial on a recent TUF?
4/9/09 6:33 PM
Josh J

I thought it was a little silly that he got so much attention from the UFC when he died and all Helio got was a a mention in the opening credits. The Dream events did a full out memorial for him at their event.

I'm not going to talk bad about Mask, but I will say that I can't take any of the "RIP" pictures seriously. It's a picture of him wearing that stupid hat making a stupid face with all that make up on, then under it it says something sentimental and serious. It seems silly.
4/9/09 7:07 PM
Hiza Geri

If he died racing on public streets, then he put his family and others in straits, unnecessarily. Not good.

However, any death is a cause for pause and reflection on our own lives and life in general.

It's too short to act a fool. 
4/9/09 11:05 PM
Alex Harkins

I heard from a very reliable source that the only reason Tapout got a good start was funding from the Italian mob, Mask never cut them in after Tapout's success. That's what happens when you fuck with the mob.
4/10/09 1:31 AM
BlazerinTraining

lol Alex

True Mask acted like an idiot and it resulted in his death. Im sure there are a lot of us who have done dumb things and happened to come out ok. I know of a few people on this site who could have been in the same damn position as him if they had been unlucky too. It was idiotic but I think the reason everyone is making a big deal about his death is because he was a good friend to a lot of people and he genuinely cared about people and the sport of MMA. He was a hard worker and believed in his product. He went from being completely broke to having a business that made over $100 million last year. Not to mention he traveled around and gave a lot of fighters sponsorships and showed interest in them as people rather than just business.

Mask had his priorities out of line with all of the partying and acting foolish but he also did a lot of good things for a lot of people and I think thats why those people choose to remember the good things about him. Just like we all do with our friends and family that pass.

Just my opinion after having some of the same thoughts initially.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.