UnderGround Forums

RugbyGround >> how do i push rugby to insurance?

4/10/09 1:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Combat Sport Fan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am the head of a new rugby club at my college but we are running into a wall and that is the insurance company. In order to get the club off the ground we need to present a proposal on cost of the sport (jerseys, goal posts, equipment, coaching, etc) but the main hurdle in the cost is the liability issue with an insurance company. Anyone know any resources to use when presenting the safety involved in rugby and how it should not be considered a liability?
4/10/09 9:36 PM
nathan@aristeia

What country are you from?
4/11/09 12:41 PM
Combat Sport Fan

United States....New england area..theres the New england Rugby football union that i would hope to join upon approval
4/11/09 1:46 PM
nathan@aristeia

Have you talked to your State's rugby union. I know in Canada that we are all registered and insured under Rugby Canada and it is for a term of 1 year. I think you might be surprised how your State's rugby union would be willing to help.
4/11/09 2:42 PM
seg
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would get in contact with the USA rugby foundation.  Google it and send them an e-mail with your questions.  Also, try contacting the head of other college rugby programs to see how they have handled it.
4/11/09 3:11 PM
Combat Sport Fan

thanks guys im going to be calling rugby clubs at the surrounding colleges (im in new england so they are everywhere). Hopefully they have some in-site on how to go about this..asides from posts and coaching its a fairly inexpensive sport. Shirts shorts socks and balls thats it.
4/15/09 11:59 PM
joemurphy

get in touch with nerfu. all your guys will have to CIPP, and you can find out what that covers.

good luck!
4/16/09 12:32 AM
Combat Sport Fan

will do we are going to call NEfru this or next week (final papers have been killing us)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.