UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Best way to have tattoo designed/developed?

4/10/09 7:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThaRageWithin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So my only tattoo is a big, tribal cross on my left shoulder blade.  I got this with the intentions of building around it - filling in my shoulder, arm and lower back with a few pictures and a sleeve.  What I have in mind is very detailed and artistic, so I'm hoping you all could help advise me the best way to get each piece designed, developed and inked on.

My best friend's brother designed my cross and I just went to a shop in town that I heard was good (and had some piercings done previously) and got it done there, so I essentially have no tattoo experience.  But I'm wondering:

Who should I have turn my thoughts into physical images?  The artist that will be inking it on?  If so, how do I find who's "best?"  Just whoever's highly recommended and has a good portfolio in the shop?  Or should I find someone from art school or something to draw it and then just go to a well-respected shop?  How much $ should I expect to spend just getting this on paper?

4/10/09 9:16 PM
Fernando

Fine a good shop, look at the portfolio and explain to them what you want and what you are looking for, they will either say fuck off or actually design an nice tattoo for you.
4/13/09 7:00 PM
theBEAToff

Have a tattooer design it. Only they know what's tattooable or not, and always look at the artists portfolio!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.