UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> My Fav Easy Oatmeal

4/11/09 11:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kitkatmatt
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quaker Instant Oatmeal - High fiber cinnamon swirl, 2/3 cups skim milk, handful of almonds, microwave, add frozen "berry medley" berries.
4/12/09 12:10 PM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't do instant, but other than that it sounds great.
4/21/09 8:57 PM
dendawg
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heres what I eat every morning of training and on fight day if I can. 3 table spoons of of steel cut or scottish oatmeal. Half or one full scoop or protein powder (any flavour). Handful of almonds, goji berries. One tablespoon of coconut butter.
Thats wassup.
DK
7/14/09 11:32 AM
savage animal
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

coconut butter huh? Never seen this, sounds good.
any benefit (or just taste) for having cooked oats vs raw in a shake?
7/14/09 2:29 PM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cooked oats are more digestable, I don't know if that's more of a bonus than having the oats unmolested by heat.

How long do you cook your oats, den?  I've done a batch of steel cut oats overnight in the crockpot one time and it was pretty good.  Convenient too, you wake up and there's breakfast.  I haven't used them any other way though.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.