UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Web Gear Suggestions?

4/12/09 5:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Team Cup
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recently picked up a medium size Alice Pack to convert my BOB stuff into...

I want to pick up some web gear.. I was thinking a MOLLE type vest, 4 ammo pouches, 2 canteen pouches and a butt pack..

Do you guys have any suggestions?
4/12/09 7:34 PM
ClayK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your gear is gonna fit in the medium? I had to use a large.
4/12/09 7:42 PM
Team Cup
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a compulsive over packer... If I got a Large, I'd cram 100 pounds worth of crap in there.. The Medium is pretty spacious.. I figured it's good enough just in case, but ideal for routine stuff.

If I were bugging out, I wouldn't bug out on foot (unless a real TEOFTWAWKI situation) so I'd be transporting my stocks and other essentials to the bug out location too.
4/12/09 9:29 PM
armlok
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuk china airsoft crap!!!

If you need gear get quality shit IMO.

MOLLE is great for modularity, but shit adds up weight-wise IMO. Warfighter need lots of gear easily acquired, survivor not so.....unless you forsee running gunbattles, patrolling, etc.

vehicle mounting/dismounting make vests and chest rigs better, but I like the old LBE webgear.

Two mag pouches, 2 canteens with one cup and a improved buttpack, drop holster and mag pouch on belt if running sidearm, trauma kit, compass and strap a rolled up goretex for rain/wind or a poncho/sil tarp to buttpack=done.

I replaced my GI canteens with the nalgene ones, fits the GI pouch and cup. Camelback on the pack/packframe, easily removed and worn with LBE when fixed position, caching the pack, etc.
4/12/09 11:26 PM
Team Cup

armlok - fuk china airsoft crap!!!

If you need gear get quality shit IMO.

MOLLE is great for modularity, but shit adds up weight-wise IMO. Warfighter need lots of gear easily acquired, survivor not so.....unless you forsee running gunbattles, patrolling, etc.

vehicle mounting/dismounting make vests and chest rigs better, but I like the old LBE webgear.

Two mag pouches, 2 canteens with one cup and a improved buttpack, drop holster and mag pouch on belt if running sidearm, trauma kit, compass and strap a rolled up goretex for rain/wind or a poncho/sil tarp to buttpack=done.

I replaced my GI canteens with the nalgene ones, fits the GI pouch and cup. Camelback on the pack/packframe, easily removed and worn with LBE when fixed position, caching the pack, etc.

This sounds perfect!  Any good sites you can suggest? 
4/13/09 12:15 AM
armlok
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do you have milsurp dealer nearby??

Online, charleys surplus or omaha's surplus. Look for GI gear. For QUALITY non-issue gear, Tactical Tailor and Eagle is what I had experience with. SOE makes some serious bad-ass shit, but I never used any of it......avoid Blackhawk for most stuff, shits made in Vietnam, although Maxpedition makes good shit offshore (taiwan).

Non tactical/military stuff from Kifaru, mountainsmith. there are several others.

Tactical gear tends to be heavier, so look for gear that meets your needs from all sources and consider quality not "tacticool"
4/13/09 1:02 PM
Team Cup

How about this for a start...

Then I can add ammo pouches & a butt pack...

Anything I'm leaving out?

4/14/09 10:07 AM
Team Cup

What are these guys wearing?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.