UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Got a good turkey

4/15/09 7:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jscorbett
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got him Easter morning.  11" beard, 1" spurs, very heavy.
4/16/09 2:18 AM
Cha0s008
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That looks like a real nice bird.

I only got like 2 weeks to wait till I can finally go.

However I'll now be able to pass the time fishing as trout season starts here on saturday.

I'd guess that bird is 20+ pounds?
4/16/09 9:09 PM
jscorbett
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would bet he was over 20 easy. I had trouble holding him up as soon as I extended my arm.

We cooked the breast in strips tonite. Honey mustard on it was great! My family could only eat 1/2 of the bird.
4/16/09 10:01 PM
Cha0s008
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seeing this just makes me more excited to go.

I went out Tuesday for the first time, and they were answering me like crazy. (hopefully a sign of good things to come)
4/17/09 6:30 PM
Willybone
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good job!

Tasty eating, no doubt.
4/17/09 7:48 PM
jscorbett

Oh, it was great! The turkey fingers fed my family for supper last night and myself and some hungry teenagers at school this morning.
4/18/09 2:04 PM
jscorbett

Got a jake this morning. He was scared of my decoy and stayed out away, so, I utilized my ninja training. I belly crawled 15 yards behind a bush and flipped him with a shot. Yum - more turkey fingers.
4/24/09 12:23 PM
alvo69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NINJA!! LOL!!  Nice job Corbett!! I didn't get one with my bow, but ALMOST!!! Had one at 4 -5 yards, but never got the shot off due to a stump and us both being surprised the other was so close before simultaneously seeing each other! FUUUUCK they run fast!! Stalked the fucker for another hour but he was in the next county by then :)  - also was working a bird that flew across a creek (I watched him !!very cool) to my calls but the facking clock ran out (1 pm in Illinois, whaaaaaa) before he fully closed on my decoys.... I shot my decoy instead at 16 yards and 'killed' it dead. Next year.... I keep having to say that, but it's MY 'CHURCH' to be in the woods, and especially as a country boy that lives in a big city, I NEEEEEEED it to get my head 'right' and flush the bullshit out. It's the best when you call and they GubbbaGubbaGubba back at you !!! (saw a HUGE owl at 20 feet (that MADE my 0-fer day !), as well, a 3.5 foot black race snake that I heard before I saw when he started shaking his tail in the leaves like a rattler!!  BE SAFE OUT THERE!! ==============  we NEED more Fishin'/Huntin' Forum posts people!!!!!!!!  I'll make a concerted effort if y'all will!!!
4/24/09 1:19 PM
Cha0s008

Tomorrow is the day.

I think here in PA quitting time is noon, but it's light enough to start shooting here and probably 6.

And I agree alvo, we definitely need more discussion in this forum.
4/24/09 1:19 PM
Cha0s008

I will report back tomorrow after I get my kill :)
4/24/09 1:39 PM
Byrd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice bird james. i do miss the GA outdoors.
4/24/09 5:18 PM
alvo69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cha0s008 - I will report back tomorrow after I get my kill :)

POS ATTITUDE ! = +1 
4/25/09 10:38 PM
jscorbett

Thanks, Bryd.

Alvo, I learned a new trick this weekend. A friend hunted with a guy who had a flat turkey decoy. The guy used that decoy to walk up on gobblers in a field. Says it works awesome.

happy hunting,
james
4/26/09 11:19 AM
Cha0s008

Well that was the most uneventful first day of turkey ever. The only thing that answered me all morning was some other guy that must have thought I was a turkey (at least that means I must sound convincing).

Where I hunt it seems to be hit or miss with turkeys. There is either a bunch of them all around you or there isn't a single one. Hopefully next week will be better.
4/28/09 10:34 PM
jscorbett

Cha0s008,

I say turkey hunting is like marriage; it's either really good or really bad.
4/29/09 2:46 PM
alvo69

jscorbett - Cha0s008,

I say turkey hunting is like marriage; it's either really good or really bad.
and once in a while you get a gobble or two....  :P

4/30/09 3:17 PM
Cha0s008

Edited: 04/30/09 3:17 PM
Well I was driving home from class today and I saw a MONSTER gobbler walking across the road. His beard was literally dragging the road.

It took every fiber of my being to not run his ass right over! If I would have had my truck and not my car I might have done it.
4/30/09 3:29 PM
alvo69

LOL at Cha-os, but I 'm glad you didn't "oopsy, I 'accidently' hit this turkey".........  Yeah brah, it's almost like they are FLIPPING YOU OFF, LOL!!! 
4/30/09 10:09 PM
Cha0s008

LOL @ flipping me off. The funny thing is that after it walked into the woods it turned back and looked at me sitting in my car. Almost as if to rub it in my face that he's getting away.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.