UnderGround Forums

Money, Business & Finance Ground >> Commercial Property insurance for an MMA gym???

4/16/09 8:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CombativeGrappler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone out there have experience in this subject? Currently shopping around for insurance for a commercial property that Im buying.

Should I even mention that theres MMA or Boxing classes being conducted, and just use the umbrella term of "fitness facility" or "martial arts school".

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
4/16/09 10:36 PM
LiveWire
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't do insurance but I did write a lease for a jiu jitsu school last year.
4/16/09 10:54 PM
CombativeGrappler

ttt
4/20/09 2:38 PM
thefightingsheep
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you using an insurance broker?  Make sure that the policy covers the type of claim you might be subject to.  Put another way, don't sign a policy tailored for a fitness gym that would not cover a claim for bodily harm caused by a staff member (who might just be an instructor sparring in your case) and things like that.

Where are you contemplating opening a gym (if that's not confidential)

4/20/09 11:53 PM
CombativeGrappler

thefightingsheep - 

Are you using an insurance broker?  Make sure that the policy covers the type of claim you might be subject to.  Put another way, don't sign a policy tailored for a fitness gym that would not cover a claim for bodily harm caused by a staff member (who might just be an instructor sparring in your case) and things like that.

Where are you contemplating opening a gym (if that's not confidential)

Not using a broker...yet. Yeah, I hear what your saying about the fitness angle.

Opening in Pennsylvania.
4/21/09 1:42 PM
Kurle
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you checked with F.L. Dean? They carry general liablitiy insurance plans as well as martial arts gym specific coverage.
8/26/09 9:21 PM
tetomas

Westpoint Insurance Group, President
 Check out WESTPOINT INSURANCE GROUP - 800-318-7709 http://www.westpointinsurance.com/PDF_Brochures/Boxing_Kickboxing_Mixed_Martial_Arts_Wrestling_Toughman_Competitions.pdf

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.