UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> What I hate about coaches/managers

4/17/09 11:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My last fight was at 185, coach says "Think you could make 175?" I says "I used to fight as low as 170, but I had to starve myself and run 20 fuckin miles a day." Got a call last night, my next fight is in June at 175. Asshole.

On a lighter note, all the middle aged, overweight women at work are pissed before I said 20 pounds in 8 weeks is a "piece of cake." lol
4/17/09 11:35 AM
StephenL
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's why the coach, manager and promoter should be different guys.

stephen
4/17/09 12:34 PM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The coach and manager are different guys, but they're good buddies so they conspire against me sometimes.
4/17/09 2:35 PM
StephenL

are they the only game in town?

that's right. one made a whole gym just for boxing.

watched your fight yesterday. great job. it was more than a 4 rounder?

stephen
4/17/09 2:54 PM
Crush Crawfish

Thanks. It was only four rounds. I should've pushed the pace a little harder and committed to my jab more, but overall I'm fairly satisfied.
4/17/09 11:17 PM
TrainJudo

I watched it too...Guy was stocky as hell..

Man, you are built for muay thai...You had him plum clinched like crazy...I know you were thinking "damn I wish I could Knee"...

Real good job overall..Looked a bit timid at first but started loosening up...I think you are right about your jab..Big weapon for ya..a lil more evil intention and it would abdolutely suck to box with ya..Well it would suck for me either way..being 5'6" and what not:)
4/19/09 8:42 PM
Crush Crawfish

Yeah, I'd love to switch back to kickboxing and maybe even MMA again someday. The guy videotaping was my BJJ/MMA coach down here, after the fight he said "If I'd yelled 'KNEE!' one time you'd have done it wouldn't you?" haha

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.