UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> I'm playing Wolf Creek in Mesquite on Wed

4/18/09 2:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
erikmfx
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've wanted to play there since watching the Big Break Mesquite on the Golf Channel. I've got a 2pm twilight start time on Wednesday Apr 22 (sunset around 8pm so no problem). I'm playing this monster from the tips!!!

http://www.golfwolfcreek.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=589&page=31516
4/18/09 6:46 PM
Animal Chin
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

find out when the carts need to be in.  don't come rolling in at dark.

don't be that guy, erik, don't be that guy.
4/21/09 7:38 PM
mongo54
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sunset is not 8, is that what they told you? lol
4/24/09 2:45 AM
erikmfx
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/25/09 3:39 AM
WOW! What a course. This was not just a game of golf, it was a golf experience. I have to say this is the most intense risk-reward course I've ever seen. I had some great shots with a couple birdies and a few pars, but a few bad blow up holes. I shot in the high 90s from the blues but I could easily see myself breaking 80 or just as easily shooting 120 there. Incredible elavation changes. Holes where you can hit blind over a mountain if you want to reach a par four in one. 500ish yard par 5s that are easily reachable in two because you're teeing off from cliff tops. Lots of trouble everywhere if you are not accurate though. I dropped about 10 balls over the round. One good thing is all OBs are lateral. Nothing I can say will do this course justice. I have to say to anyone reading this, play this course before you die. It's a gem and it's only about an hour + east of Vegas.

And no, I wasn't that guy who brings the cart in late. Although it took three of us 5+ hours to play and there was no one in front of us most of the way.
5/1/09 4:03 AM
Gforce
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Chin - find out when the carts need to be in.  don't come rolling in at dark.

don't be that guy, erik, don't be that guy.

What's wrong with rolling in at dark? I always roll in at pitch darkness...
5/2/09 3:10 PM
Animal Chin
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you'd get locked in if i was closing.
5/6/09 2:58 AM
Gforce
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Chin - you'd get locked in if i was closing.

Not if you wanted the $20 cash I tip every time for cleaning my clubs.

Let's just say the guys who handle the carts at my local course are very police friendly. They frequently forget to charge me when I play. Thus, the tip starts at $20 and often runs more.

Needless to say, the guys who are making $3-400 from me cash when I come in are the ones who always offer an extra nine when I try to bring the cart back.
5/6/09 4:37 PM
Animal Chin

i'm one of the pros, you wouldn't be tipping me. 

i give you one shot to make a move towards the clubhouse.  if you don't, your car is here for the night. 
5/7/09 3:06 PM
NovakHT
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No reason to be out there in the dark anyhow...  but I can remember coming in with it pretty close.

With that said-- if they are locked up when I come in--my club would be one less member.
5/24/09 1:02 AM
erikmfx

um, so how about that Wolf Creek course? lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.