Hiza Geri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

today! See you there.
4/18/09 5:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hiza Geri

...A HUGE SUCCESS!!

Thanks to all the competitors, the coaches, their support and family, our volunteer help, the St. Clair County High School, wrestling team, and track team, and especially to the other Board members for all the hard work that went into making the tournament such a resounding success.

I will have the numbers up later, but around 50 competitors from AL, GA, and TN showed up. The two largest teams in attendance were Southern BJJ and Jits Supremacy (from Rainbow City). It was great.

Unfortunately, I lost to Tommy Srygley in old mans advanced and then to both Dustin Beeson and Tommy (again) in men's advanced... oh well.
4/19/09 9:43 AM
Lucian

Thank you and the rest of the Board members. I know I had a good time. I have mixed feelings about my personal performance, but it was my first tourney, and a good experience overall. I got to grapple five matches against some tough opponents and I really leaned a lot about what works and doesn't work when carried over from training to competition. The best part is, I didn't have to drive out of state to get some quality mat time. Thanks again to Phillip, and Srygley and all the guys at Spartan fitness and Southern BJJ who helped make this thing a success. Hopefully we'll see everyone back at the next tournament and it will be even better than this one.
4/19/09 9:46 AM
Hiza Geri

Dude, if you hit that ippon seionage in the gi, it will land in SPECTACULAR fashion...
4/19/09 9:58 AM
Lucian

Thanks, maybe I'll break it out again at the next tourney.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.