UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Tacoma acoustic guitars...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/19/09 2:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
THE CACTUS KID
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do any of you guys have any good reviews on these?i remember playing one a few years back and was thinking about buying one.
4/19/09 8:34 PM
wiley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy a Seagull S6. Best bang for your buck.
4/19/09 11:28 PM
Majic Sam
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tacoma sounds a bit dodgy from what I heard about their acoustic bass tops separating from the sides.All around bad design seeing how they didn;t even use side binding.With all the stress on a bass,it's a must.This was quite a long time ago,maybe they have changed.
4/21/09 7:23 PM
Racer X
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Majic Sam - Tacoma sounds a bit dodgy from what I heard about their acoustic bass tops separating from the sides.All around bad design seeing how they didn;t even use side binding.With all the stress on a bass,it's a must.This was quite a long time ago,maybe they have changed.

When you say no side binding, do you mean no kerfing shelf on the inside like the Taylor Big Baby? That would be crazy, putting all that stress on the glue joint.

Isn't Tacoma a FMIC (Fender owned) company? Are they made in Washington anymore?
4/23/09 7:25 PM
Majic Sam
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yo,X.I mean that their bass had no binding on the outside corner edges,front and back.They do that to keep costs down.That might be fine on a small parlour/campfire 6-string,but definitely not on a bass,hence,Tacoma's tops were said to separate.Just glue alone on the tops/sides can't hold the stress on a bass.
4/24/09 3:43 PM
Racer X
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sam, you built guitars,right? The lining is the interior shelf that the top and back are usually glued to. They skipped this on the Taylor Big Baby, and I've seen a couple of those seperate. I figured that's what you were talking about. Binding protects the edge of the instrument, but it doesn't provide strength for the top/sides joint.
4/26/09 2:10 AM
lordbreakdown
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

imo opinion I think their great. for recording especially due to the sound hole location. their great.. their bass rocks too.. lovem'

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.