UnderGround Forums

SupportGround >> Oxycodone.

4/21/09 5:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ontheedge28
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

South Philly D -  oxy-codone and oxy-contin are 2 different opiates. oxy-contin is the dangerous one oxy-codone is just a percocet.

Any opiate is dangerous, oxy-codone is immediate release and oxy-contin is extended release and you are not supose to crush them or its like taking an immediate release, usually if you are on oxycontin it's usually only after you've been taking frequent doses of the immediate release there for you probaly have built up a tolerance

They are the same opiate just release differently
4/21/09 5:41 PM
Altofsky
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need to hurt my back.
4/21/09 5:44 PM
invalid
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anything with cet as the ending = hydrocodone: percocet, vicodin...

oxycontin is the money maker there. that straigh opiate
4/21/09 6:11 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The OXY's I got in the hospital knocked me right out, I was dizzy, light headed and felt like I weighed a ton at the same time

--

now i know why my dad is SLEEP on n off like 80 % of the day DAILY!!

he started with 10 then its up to now at 30 meaning 60 milligrams a day wehw!! it will MOS DEF increase as he deterioates (sp?)
4/21/09 6:52 PM
Bobsdf
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After I had arthroscopic surgery on my knee they prescribed 2 of those 4 times a day. I took 1 right after I woke up and hated how fucked up they made me feel that I didn't take any more. They will make you constipated as well.
4/21/09 6:59 PM
xIanx
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was warned about the severe constipation... so I have stuck to eating soft foods and shakes for the time being.

I just got back from my assessment - the root of my problem is in my hip flexors, which in turn royally fucked up everything else.

I just had acupuncture and electrode therapy as well as an active release session.

Feeling a little better....
4/21/09 7:14 PM
PittWrestler
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard that insuffilation is actually not a very effective means
4/21/09 8:59 PM
xIanx
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

back on the pain train... 2 hours of freedom after assessment/treatment isnt bad though.

Back in the day when I used to work at a tattoo shop I saw some serious pill antics. A lot of people would pop percs to numb the pain of getting tattooed before their appointment.

One day a serious crack-head stumbled in told me that he used to take his 'headache pills', grind, boil, and inject them...

I couldn't imagine what that would do to you... chances are he isn't alive anymore.
4/22/09 2:15 AM
EKPOGI
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i say sell it,use some of the $ to buy weed.
4/22/09 2:31 AM
ManOfThePeepHole
1526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/22/09 2:31 AM
Fuck that shit. I know a hundred peeps whose lives went right down the toilet after they got hooked on that shit for bad backs. Firefighters, cops, mothers, they lost everything.

STAY THE FUCK AWAY.
4/22/09 10:23 AM
xIanx

So, I did some ART therapy as well as acupuncture and an adjustment last night. It was my first time having acupuncture done... the guy connected electrodes to the needles and sent shock waves through my hip and surrounding areas.

It was a little uncomfortable but I do feel slightly better today.... the pills are still doing their thing.
4/22/09 12:04 PM
bhamill
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its definitely a tumor.
My condolences to June Carter Xlanx.
4/24/09 4:40 PM
xIanx

I posted a blog about the past few days and added some pictures of the meds and assessment if any of you are interested, nothing special.

WWW.IANDAWE.COM

Thanks again.
4/24/09 4:45 PM
Jerkie
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crush and snort
4/24/09 4:51 PM
xIanx

There is some residue collecting at the bottom of the prescription... not very tempting though haha
4/24/09 5:09 PM
krept
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

usually, in medications that are "continual release" the coating contains a mixture of the active ingredient to release the dosage immediately.

the stuff under the center is usually a combination of the active ingredient and some kind of binder that prevents it from being released all at once even when crushed (e.g. wax)
4/24/09 6:09 PM
GladiatorGannon
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xIanx  - 

One day a serious crack-head stumbled in told me that he used to take his 'headache pills', grind, boil, and inject them...

I couldn't imagine what that would do to you... chances are he isn't alive anymore.

cetainly no more dangerous than boiling and injecting street heroin.
4/24/09 6:55 PM
PittWrestler
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xlanx -- I was bored in the office this afternoon and checked out your blog/site and wanted to say that I read it all the way through, it was that good. I put it on my bookmarks so I can follow along with your career best of luck.

I especially liked the parts about Evan. I was fortunate enough to roll and spar with him (he went way hard for me, but probably was going super light for him haha) at Curts back several years back.
4/24/09 7:16 PM
xIanx

Looking back on how the whole situation, I'm not really surprised at how quickly I was given/prescribed the medications I was... I guess it is the fastest way to get the less serious cases out of an over-crowded emergency room.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blogs PittWrestler, I know I tend to ramble from time to time and really appreciate you giving them a chance.

Evan was one of the greatest men I have ever met. He really helped me take my career to the next level and opened my eyes to an entirely new perspective on life and the world we live in.

Ian
4/24/09 7:37 PM
HELWIG
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" HELWIG - I am not too sure whats wrong with me... last Tuesday I had a pretty intense wrestling practice but felt completely fine afterward... Wednesday morning I could barely get out of bed."

As a fellow fighter, you need to seriously not do a thing until you know exactly whats up. I had a back injury that nearly destroyed my life and brought me to the brink of a total emotional breakdown.

Its NOT AT ALL like a knee, shoulder, etc.

"Bonus joy for getting Fentanyl patches, breaking them open and licking the active contents - and not dying. "

How the F do you people know about Fentanyl?! Thats exactly the problem, junkies make it hard for legitimate patients to get stuff they need to get through the day.
4/24/09 7:48 PM
Ryan Dunphy
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

isnt that vicodin?

You need to tough it out sucka....you know how many tweaked necks, backs, knees, shoulders, ive had and never went over the past 12 years?
4/24/09 9:35 PM
xIanx

I have trained and fought injured in the past... I don't have a problem with working through pain or dealing with nagging tweaks here and there... that is part of being a professional fighter.

However, I have never not been able to get out of bed before... being 24 years old with no history of back problems and no idea what caused this incident, I was a little worried...

I am definitely feeling a lot better after a couple days of rest, medication, and visits with multiple therapists.

I am going to pick up the tempo next week and get a couple extra sessions in with the therapist as well.

I am fighting in 5 weeks so its time to get back on the grind.
4/24/09 9:52 PM
Ryan Dunphy
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh ok then, thats different...I thought it sounded like it was just a little tweaked.

I am glad I am no longer fighting and dealing with the intense waiting that goes on before a fight, I hated it.

I am about to do 35 and started doing this when I was 22 and I can't even really do jiujitsu anymore because of injuries...take care of yourself!
4/24/09 10:10 PM
comeacrossclean
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoever said that any pill with "cet" in the name, like percocet, is hydrocodone is incorrect. Percocet is oxycodone as is Oxycontin. The mg's are different.
I'm a damn chippy. I go for spells of two and three weeks and then come off the OC's. Know plenty of people who've become completely lost and screwed up on them. I prefer to shave them up, either with a Dremel drill or a gasket clamp, and then snort the powder. The best is injecting them. Feels like the best orgasm x 10. I've heard of the 80's going for as high as $120 per pill in some parts of West Virginia, but the usual selling value is around $80 and you can find deals of $45-65 if you buy enough and know a connect. All said, it's a very dangerous and destructive habit.
5/9/09 10:15 PM
cdueck
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you are going for accupuncture it should make a big difference. If you don't feel like someone beat you with a padded bat(until they tired out) your accupuncturist is not being aggresive enough. I have had accupuncture many times and with a case like your it should be a horrible experience with great results. When it is finished you should be really sore but energized.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.