UnderGround Forums

SupportGround >> Oxycodone.

9/9/09 11:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TooRude
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GodSavetheBisqueen1000 -
TooRude - Percocet is a brand name and so is Oxycontin. Both contain Oxycodone. Saying you like oxycontin but hate oxycodone is oxymoronic...

NO SHIT, but go look above at what the guy classifies as oxycodone, he is talking about percocet. So saying Oxycontin is better than percocet is NOT oxymoronic.

No...its an opinion
9/9/09 11:59 PM
Cire
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/10/09 12:35 AM
Whoever said that withdrawls from long-term use is pure hell is correct. I am a college educated, just tried drugs here & there, never addicted to anything, and have a nice job, but I was turned into a junkie because of these white devils.

I got my foot seriously injured right before my trip to UFC 54. The doc started me on 8mg Vics 4-6 times a day the months later to 10 mg then to buying additional one off the street. The pain would go away the come back as you tolerance increase. I was up to 15-25(or more)a day for months at many points. I would just roller-coaster. You would not believe how much money I wasted. I am ashamed how much it is, but if one person learns from my experience then it was worth every dime. The only thing that kept me from going bankrupt is having a good job.

All of this shit is because the fucking withdrawls are scary as hell. You don't want to ever go through this. You would rather shoot your own dog than go off the Hydrocodone and have withdrawls. Think the Superbad Swine flu + depression + insane anxiety that will scare you worse than Tony Soprano knocking on your front door. Pure hell. And these withdrawls were ONLY on high doses of Vicodins; Oxys or Heroin would like watching your own kids die. You don't want to experience this in your lifetime.

I was seriously considering checking myself in a withdrawl clinic several times. But a while back, when my supply fell through one time, I found that out by accident that my new medicine my doc added, Lyrica, nearly eliminates all the withdrawls. With this new found knowledge, I worked myself down to 3 Vics a day(script only), using the others for very high pain nights. 50 UFC's later.

I am so scared that I could easily get my tolerance back up that I only bring 3 pills to work and take half a pill at a time. Be very careful with Opiates. I have to use them everyday, but they will make you get addicted. It took me years to learn through pain, sickness, and costs higher than some a D-II college educations.

...and I consider myself lucky. I had no help other than the internet getting my tolerance down from that high dose and not destroying my liver. The pills make you feel great & take away any insecurities, but you will crave those little white devils. BE FUCKING CAREFUL!!!

*****THIS IS CORRECT*****
"Fuck that shit. I know a hundred peeps whose lives went right down the toilet after they got hooked on that shit for bad backs. Firefighters, cops, mothers, they lost everything."
9/10/09 12:27 AM
arbe79
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GodSavetheBisqueen1000 - 
TooRude - Percocet is a brand name and so is Oxycontin. Both contain Oxycodone. Saying you like oxycontin but hate oxycodone is oxymoronic...

NO SHIT, but go look above at what the guy classifies as oxycodone, he is talking about percocet. So saying Oxycontin is better than percocet is NOT oxymoronic.
Truth.  Percs are just watered down Oxycontin.  Oxycontin=Jack Daniels   Percs=A weak jack and coke(with a lot of coke)

Same ingredients.  Just different delivery and how it hits u.

9/10/09 12:49 AM
Joel
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

took 2 tonight actually
9/10/09 12:57 AM
HighBastard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont know if this is the same stuff, but I was prescribed something called oxycocet when i had my wisdom teeth pulled in the military. Gave me quite the buzz for sure.
9/10/09 1:01 AM
Wet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why dont you just go shoot up some herion like a real man
9/10/09 2:49 AM
Amarelo

"Percs=A weak jack and coke(with a lot of coke)"
Unless you have any skills in simple chemistry ie. Cold Water Extraction.
9/10/09 2:52 AM
arbe79
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amarelo - "Percs=A weak jack and coke(with a lot of coke)"
I don't need the pure Oxy that bad.  lol

9/10/09 3:42 AM
unbrokenwill

I hurt my lower back a couple years ago. My experience with opiates is that they make it worse. You just have to toughen up and deal with it head on. Exercise is the cure imo.
9/10/09 3:49 AM
HuntingtonPUNK

norco's are best for me, take them past few years just about everyday for back pain and havent had anything negative. I make sure to not increase my dose, no chasing the high

i drop 4 day, throw in soma's sometimes and dont really get high off them anymore but it still kills my back pain

i've tried oxys and percs and didnt like them as much. Norcos seem mid level on the opiate scale from my experience
9/10/09 11:39 AM
None So Blind
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've had several patients over the past few years who were addicted to this stuff. The tolerances they developed were nothing short of staggering - e.g., a guy who wouldn't even get a buzz from 400mg Oxycodone. (no surprise he died a year or two ago)

Curiously, I have a tough time understanding the addiction on an empathic level (I understand the neurological mechanism perfectly well). I can understand drunks -I've had buzzes from alcohol that were just great. But I've been prescribed opiates 3 times in my life (shingles, hernia surgery, and a dog bite that got infected and almost cost me my arm), and each time I got *nothing* out of them. No buzz, no warm fuzzies, nothing, and they affected my pain at about the same level as Advil, so I said "fuck it" and threw them in the back of the medicine closet, eventually threw them away years later when disposing of old meds.

My wife was prescribed 40 mg Oxycontin after her last c-section, and I think she used 2 out of 20, the rest continue to sit there. I took one a few months ago when I had a severe headache, and 4 hours later the headache was still there, so I took some aspirin and Advil, took a nap, and that did the trick. Worthless sugar pills to my metabolism, I suppose.

FWIW, my wife doesn't take them because the first time she took one, it made her nauseated, and feeling like you're going to puke when your stomach is held together by staples is probably not the best feeling in the world. The second one she took (a few days later) made her high as a fucking kite, it was hilarious to see. When she came down, she was alarmed enough at how powerful the feeling was that she avoided it thereafter.
9/10/09 1:02 PM
Amarelo

Daniel Plainview - 
Amarelo - "Percs=A weak jack and coke(with a lot of coke)"
Holy junkie, Batman!

I don't even fuck with any drugs (I experimented in college,and liked to be informed).
But I would certainly suggest the process for those taking 20 percocet a day. Thats nearly lethal levels of acetamenaphen and just stupid.
9/10/09 8:26 PM
xIanx
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Exercise is the cure = me back on the oxys.

I tried to do an extremely mild work out tonight (elyptical then a few machines just to loosen up) and I feel like I am wearing a 200 pound belt right now...the pins and needles in my feet have also made a glorious come-back.

I took a couple of my prescribed anti-inflammatories and nothing... Oxy sunset tonight.
9/10/09 9:25 PM
Cire
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Please tell

I told my story, and I hope it keeps one person from following the path that those tasty white devils have taken me down.
9/10/09 9:26 PM
xIanx
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really hope the peaks in this lifetime match the valleys... not being able to train, fight, support myself, and basically alienating myself from everyone around me has been a real eye opener.

Only up-hill from here.

Sorry about the dramatics... side-effect of the pills. haha
9/15/09 12:59 PM
xIanx

put up a blog about how I am feeling at www.iandawe.com but here is the gist...

I met with an orthopedic surgeon in Kingston yesterday. Fortunately my cousin (who is a nurse in Quebec) was visiting and volunteered to come with me. Unfortunately, the MRI that I had done in Toronto was analyzed by a resident, not an MD. And although I was given a copy of the MRI findings, I was not given a disc with the actual MRI images on them. So, as prepared as I was to meet with the surgeon yesterday... the surgeon was less than prepared to meet with me. Basically I was told that the opinion of a resident means little to nothing in the medical field, and that the pain I endure on a daily basis does not correlate with what the 'MRI findings' had shown. I was also told that the pins and needles, numbness, and shooting pains in my legs and feet were not related to a pinched nerve or anything neurological at all. Simply put, "there is no medical explanation for it".

This doctor also informed me that I had only explored the "conservative" pain management methods such as chiropractic care, massage therapy, and constant visits to a sports medicine doctor. However, he told me that he could refer me to the 'guys at the pain management center' at his office but that it could take up to 12 months to receive a steroid injection in my back or a spinal block (both treatments are temporary).

Anyway... I have an appointment (including an updated MRI and CT scan) with a highly respected doctor and orthopedic surgeon Oct 2nd in Toronto. I am sure that this meeting will go much better than yesterdays.
9/15/09 1:58 PM
Count Duckula

xIanx  - put up a blog about how I am feeling at www.iandawe.com but here is the gist...

I met with an orthopedic surgeon in Kingston yesterday. Fortunately my cousin (who is a nurse in Quebec) was visiting and volunteered to come with me. Unfortunately, the MRI that I had done in Toronto was analyzed by a resident, not an MD. And although I was given a copy of the MRI findings, I was not given a disc with the actual MRI images on them. So, as prepared as I was to meet with the surgeon yesterday... the surgeon was less than prepared to meet with me. Basically I was told that the opinion of a resident means little to nothing in the medical field, and that the pain I endure on a daily basis does not correlate with what the 'MRI findings' had shown. I was also told that the pins and needles, numbness, and shooting pains in my legs and feet were not related to a pinched nerve or anything neurological at all. Simply put, "there is no medical explanation for it".

This doctor also informed me that I had only explored the "conservative" pain management methods such as chiropractic care, massage therapy, and constant visits to a sports medicine doctor. However, he told me that he could refer me to the 'guys at the pain management center' at his office but that it could take up to 12 months to receive a steroid injection in my back or a spinal block (both treatments are temporary).

Anyway... I have an appointment (including an updated MRI and CT scan) with a highly respected doctor and orthopedic surgeon Oct 2nd in Toronto. I am sure that this meeting will go much better than yesterdays.

Shit, xlax that can't be good to hear. Second opinion every diagnosis, it's good your seeing another doctor, the last one didn't sound helpful.
Keep your head up, keep us posted
9/15/09 8:35 PM
xIanx

The Doctor I am meeting with on the 2nd was the guy I was hoping to meet with initially... he has a lot of innovative techniques and a great reputation in Ontario. He is also doing the MRI and CT scan himself so I don't have to worry about lost discs or wrong interpretations.

It's been an uphill battle so far... whats a few more steps.

Thanks for the support.

Ian.
9/17/09 11:39 AM
xIanx

Might have to turn to the Stevia. sweet white cure.
9/17/09 12:46 PM
GaydarBlane

oxyCODONE = percocet

It is not oxycontin...
9/17/09 12:59 PM
pateta
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haven't read any other posts, but my advice is to be careful with that shit. It can be addicting as fuck from what I hear.
9/17/09 1:24 PM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ART Therapy

Look into it, IMO it could solve your back issues.
9/17/09 1:28 PM
CrazyJoeDavola
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

let us know what the 2nd doc recommends and the more accurate MRIs Dx. 
9/17/09 1:37 PM
Bry Bry

i was addicted to oxycontin a few years back..i was crushing and snorting the oxys, i loved it...never had a problem with them as i had cheap/constant supply of them...when my supply got cut short though, it sucked, the withdrawal thatis...

the weird thing is, i absolutely LPOVED the way oxys made me feel, very social, motivated, energized, very content whereas members of my own family have been scribed painkillers in the past and they hated it..they felt irritable, tired, just didnt like it...why did i enjoy it and the rest of my family not??who knows??
9/17/09 2:30 PM
xIanx

I was going to a chiropractor, massage therapist, and doing ART 3x a week at 90 dollars a pop. ART was hell while I was on the table but it did make me feel a little better. However, by the time I made it to my car in the parking lot I could feel everything tensing up and the pins and needles were coming back.... The cost/benefit ratio just wasn't worth it.

Codone's make me feel much better than the Cotins... When I am taking Endocet I can function, but... I take one pill and I can still feel pain, and then I take two pills and I turn into a rambling idiot, followed by insanely grumpy. Ill start half'ing them.

Oh and by the way... Nate Quarry is my absolute hero right now. He had similiar back problems and now he is out there winning FOTN every fight he is in.

props to the rock.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.