UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> What song has the hardest double picking?

4/24/09 11:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
alpo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/24/09 11:30 AM

Using any criteria you want, any genre.  I want to get really good at it and I need something to shoot for.  A friend of mine suggested Bleed by Meshuggah.  (link)  Also, I am talking about rhythm guitar.. the entire song, not just a riff or a solo. 

I've been trying to play some classics like Disposable Heroes, Mirislou, etc., which I guess aren't really that hard, per se, but they are hard for me.  I can't play them perfectly yet, but I am getting to where I need to start ratcheting up my goals a bit and I am not quite sure where to go.

4/27/09 11:11 PM
Ponyboy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Misrilou kills me on the high e string.

The low is easy but I can't get a good picking going on the high e string while muting the rest of the strings.
4/28/09 11:01 AM
alpo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hah, yeah.  That is the hardest part.  I'm not really even sure how I'm supposed to do it.
6/22/09 3:10 PM
alpo

FWIW, Dick Dale (if you didn't know) strings his guitar upside down, so that probably helps with the high e string part.  You could try that, I guess.  lol  Or flip your guitar over and play it left handed. 
6/22/09 7:06 PM
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A friend of mine plays upright bass like that.. Just kills me.
6/22/09 7:06 PM
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/22/09 7:08 PM
double
6/22/09 7:07 PM
Hillbilly

Oh..back to the question. Not sure what you mean by "double picking"?
6/22/09 9:04 PM
Ponyboy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rapid up and downstrokes on single string........I think.
6/22/09 9:17 PM
alpo

Edited: 06/22/09 9:18 PM
Yeah, tremolo picking, whatever you want to call it. 

I was just reading this article earlier today about Dick Dale and it mentioned how he strings his guitar upside down.  I didn't even realize he played that way, but I thought of this thread I made a while back.  He's left handed and apparently just learned to play that way by flipping over a right handed guitar.  I looked at a couple vids on youtube and his strings are definitely reversed, though he now of course plays with a lefty guitar.  That must be so weird to have learned cords and shit like that. 
6/23/09 2:21 PM
Dirt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/23/09 2:21 PM
Albert King was another 'upside-down/backwards' lefty

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.