UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> BJJ Flow Rolling

8/6/09 7:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Empire
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great post, but i can NOT forgive the fact that you are rolling w/ socks on. it is ludicrous.
8/6/09 7:52 PM
WhyYouTrippinHater
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always wondered if too much flow rolling caused bad habits. Lack of control, giving up positions to easily, etc?
8/6/09 9:06 PM
Oyama
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/06/09 9:06 PM
Greetings Björn,Your jiu jitsu is very impressive as always- I have learned from your explanations and enjoy your videos. Keep up the good work.Your Friend From Canada, SAM Team Moreira Canada
8/7/09 2:30 AM
Zero1
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think one of the progressions with Flow roll is to use sometimes guys with less skill but let them attack you and you just do the flow stuff.
8/7/09 2:43 AM
Roy Dean
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really nice, Björn.  You've taken your movement to another level! 

8/7/09 5:18 AM
Zero1
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Movement is my passion for the last 12 month.:-)

Take care
Björn
8/7/09 12:27 PM
Kneeblock
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
8/8/09 3:49 AM
Brian McLaughlin
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My buddy Waffle is the king of flow training
8/8/09 4:43 AM
elgringo
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when i read Bjorn's posts i hear them in his accent lol
8/14/09 9:24 PM
TapnoSnap
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/16/09 11:13 PM
8/14/09 11:36 PM
RealPosition
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bjorn, very nice transitions. Glad to see you have been practicing your tornado rolls.
8/15/09 12:34 AM
H
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the rolling back take at the end there, Brian. Wasn't expecting it.
8/19/09 9:22 AM
Zero1

Edited: 08/19/09 10:22 AM
 Here is some more Flow stuff from my new DVD trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3JSVRPQZ5w&feature=channel_page

My opinion about Systema is very high also I have to admit that the majority of the people doing it have no idea about fighting.

I never trained with Vlad but I hope to do so. Actually I had the chance to train with Alex Kostic who studies under Vlad since 1994 he is one of the top systema guys.

I have no doubt that the stuff works very good when you have some experience before in other styles. For me a whole new world opens up with systema and I love it.

The strikes in Systema are real impressive the hit you very light but you will go down. Kostic did that with me and it was a easy strike which knocked the wind out completly and I was on the ground for several seconds.

The kicks are very strong too.

It is not an easy system because you have to change a lot of thinking you have about fighting. But if you are open this stuff can do a lot for you.

Take care
Björn

P.S.: @RealPosition I really enjoyed your tornado roll DVD. Even I do only no gi I was ablwe to get so much great ideas out of it. Defentily one of my favorite BJJ DVDs in the last years

8/19/09 9:24 AM
groundfighter2000
467 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/19/09 11:03 AM
The Gimp
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zero1 -  
There is a difference the way you open your refrigator or your girlfriend.

I respectfully disagree.
8/19/09 11:07 AM
Zero1

Ups:-) I mean there is a difference in the way of your movement when you hug your girlfriend or when you open up your refrigator. I never thought about that before but how you move make a difference.
8/19/09 9:15 PM
Posty Magee
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
8/19/09 11:22 PM
Malachy Friedman
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are you the brabo guy?
8/19/09 11:46 PM
pigpen
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zero1 -  Actually it´s not just relaxing and being like a cooked noodle that doesn´t work most of the time.
Actually it is really flow rolling since my students do their usual stuff in this clip.

For me rolling with flow depends on a few things:

Biomecanical exercises
If you can´t move fluid on the ground without a partner don´t expect to move fluid with a partner.

Breathing

As soon as you stop full belly breathing you try to hold and force things. Breahting should never stop

Posture and movement
I always try to keep a straight spine and move my hips first. Every movement is starting hips first.

Feeling
There is a difference the way you open your refrigator or your girlfriend. One is mechanical cause you know what to expect and one is more emotional because you want to feel what you touch. In BJJ it makes a difference if you grab mechanical expecting certain things or grabing with the intent to feel. I try to feel wiht my whole body while rolling

MInd
Willpower is creating distance in German "Wille ist Weg". As more you try it as less it works. Look at some top level BJJ Players Garcia, Cobrinha, etc. they just move and move and move until they get the tap.
They don´t force things.

Take care
Björn

that's pretty awesome :)

but what do you mean by "Willpower is creating distance in German "Wille ist Weg". As more you try it as less it works."

don't keep trying at a certain move as the more you keep trying it the less you will get it?
8/20/09 12:49 AM
Zero1

"Wille ist Weg" means as more you want a Submission in Sparring for example as more you tense up and you get angry when you don´t get it and it will be hard to get it at all.

Look at the real good grapplers they make look it easy. They don´t force anything until they have it. And then they squeeze.

You loose your relaxed movement when you are trying to hard. Like they say in boxing: You can´t force a K.O. it has to come just work your game.

8/21/09 6:55 AM
Zero1

My idea with this DVD is to help people to create new movement patterns.

For example we all know how to control someone by holding him and pinning him with arms in side control.

Have you ever tried to control someone with your bodyweight only?

or with your back and butt?

or with the backside of your legs (yes it works)

or just with your palms?

or by not using your arms?

or by only using your knees (with holding)?

What about adding strikes but in a flowing way so controlling and striking become one multifunctional movement?

What is the difference when someone kicks you in the Guard and you just evade with your body creating planes?

My idea in training is to create as much different movement patterns as possible so you free your body more.

As more different ways you have explored as more possibilities you have while fighting.

Most of us resist when they don´t know how to move and with this Flow Training you expand learn and create new movement which you wouldn´t create when you just go all out.

It´s a way of educating the body to move free and without too much tension.

Take care
Björn
8/21/09 9:02 AM
Malachy Friedman
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjorn did you get my mail?
8/21/09 12:12 PM
None So Blind
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tttfl
8/21/09 1:13 PM
andre
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian McLaughlin - 
var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/jhsukh-m328&hl=en&fs=1&", "postVideo-26990676-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-26990676");  My buddy Waffle is the king of flow training

Whoa!! Take a look at the black belt's movement starting around 1:48...awesome.
8/21/09 3:16 PM
PAGrappler412
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant even tell you how many times Ive watched your Brabo Choke DVD

great vids

thanks for sharing

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.