UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ray Longo's tips for holding mitts (vid)

4/27/09 9:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
2027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/27/09 9:30 AM

4/27/09 10:11 AM
KidJustice
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/27/09 10:12 AM
Crazy Zimmerman
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great video. Ray Longo is the MAN!
4/27/09 10:14 AM
Archangel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/27/09 10:16 AM
jkkazmier
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/27/09 1:04 PM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/27/09 1:24 PM
ectomorph
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy Zimmerman -  Great video. Ray Longo is the MAN!
+1

4/27/09 1:34 PM
Rodolfo Gamez

? ... Are you serious, can't tell if this is supposed to actually be impressive or a troll. Don't mean to bash sorry.
4/27/09 1:36 PM
southsidesti

Rodolfo Gamez -  ? ... Are you serious, can't tell if this is supposed to actually be impressive or a troll. Don't mean to bash sorry.

whats the problem?
you dont think Ray Longo knows what he's talking about? ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS?
4/27/09 1:48 PM
DaveGarcia
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/27/09 1:51 PM
lkfmdc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

luv da internet (/sarcasm)

wow, I guess people don't know who Ray is....
4/27/09 2:00 PM
GladiatorGannon
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/28/09 12:52 AM
Rodolfo Gamez -  ? ... Are you serious, can't tell if this is supposed to actually be impressive or a troll. Don't mean to bash sorry.

"He's an All American. This is more for the wrestling guys that are just starting out."

"You want to start with the basics..."

there are much more sophisticated routines he could have done...and it would have been shitty coaching for him to attempt them with the guy he had.

hands up, straight punches, and straight back to your face. introducing the guy to the concept of lateral movement, hitting of angles, and using your defensive movement to generate power for your counter.

is there anything there that is wrong?
4/27/09 2:57 PM
fightfan531
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the guy in the video..chris wiedman..is now 2-0 and his hands have looked pretty good for a guy who was a straight up high caliber wrestler..less than a year ago. ray is the man.
4/27/09 4:10 PM
Jeepster
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/27/09 6:31 PM
Yelm
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like a very good basic mit drill.  I would love to hear what is wrong with it. 
4/27/09 6:35 PM
RickStorm
1750 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yelm - I would love to hear what is wrong with it. 

His hair was kinda messed up.
4/27/09 6:42 PM
ballet of violence
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great coach!!

hopefully he is working a lot with serra for his next fight
4/27/09 6:44 PM
nyhcloyalty
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DemandMMA, Admin
 TTT for Ray Longo and the new gym out there.
4/27/09 6:45 PM
danablanco

Edited: 04/27/09 6:45 PM
Wiedman should/will be on an upcoming Tuf.
4/27/09 6:45 PM
nyhcloyalty
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DemandMMA, Admin

What is your issue with it? It's not going to be sent to Floyd Mayweather to help him train, it's more of an instructional for people who aren't sure what they're doing.

4/27/09 6:48 PM
nyhcloyalty

DemandMMA, Admin
danablanco - Wiedman should/will be on an upcoming TUF as well as Gian Villante. They are both ultra talented and Serra/Longo trained. They have looked great at ROC so far.
Weidman is a beast, I agree.

4/27/09 7:56 PM
ChangoBravo
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was helpful for me. But I suck.

Ray is the MAN!

Chango
4/27/09 10:52 PM
Rodolfo Gamez

im sorry guys I said I wasnt trying to bash him, I just didnt see anything amazing in HIS mitt work nor his fighter. Dont have speakers so maybe he said an awesome secret or tip but the rest is nothing special and it only takes anybody's eyes to see that. It's not who he is, its what i see him doing  
4/28/09 12:49 AM
GladiatorGannon
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/28/09 12:51 AM
Rodolfo Gamez - im sorry guys I said I wasnt trying to bash him, I just didnt see anything amazing in HIS mitt work nor his fighter. Dont have speakers so maybe he said an awesome secret or tip but the rest is nothing special and it only takes anybody's eyes to see that. It's not who he is, its what i see him doing  

he makes some points about mit training, explains that the guy he is working with is an All-american wrestler, but new to striking, and that this was "more a program for guys just starting striking" and that you should "start with the basics", and then does a good job explaining the fundamentals, and gives a program perfectly tailored towards the athlete he was working with.

GladiatorGannon - there are much more sophisticated routines he could have done...and it would have been shitty coaching for him to attempt them with the guy he had.
4/28/09 1:01 AM
Rogue Connor

GladiatorGannon - there are much more sophisticated routines he could have done...and it would have been shitty coaching for him to attempt them with the guy he had.

for sure...he's a wrestler not ricky hatton he doesn't need mayweather type feeding at this point

good coaching by longo

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.