UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Moke Chicken Recipe ?

4/28/09 12:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cspackler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi, I can't seem to find the original recipe for the Moke chicken where it is broiled in the sauce I believe. The one that I can find is where the chicken is marinated in the sauce and then it is reduced. Sorry if this is posted somewhere and I just can't find it. Thanks in advance.

Brandon
4/28/09 12:37 PM
Mullet @ Heart
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke allowed me to snake it for my Web site.  My method is a little different, but I believe the ingredients are the same.

Moke Chicken
4/28/09 1:41 PM
cspackler

Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to find the recipe you have on your site and really would like to try it. The thing is I noticed Moke said he does not marinade the raw chicken and makes it a little different etc...Do you have his original recipe or is it basically the same?

Thanks for the help

Brandon
4/28/09 1:51 PM
Mullet @ Heart
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I remember correctly, he does marinate it. Then he bakes it in a big-ass roasting pan with the sauce mixed in. I think he sets some of the sauce aside to pour over later.
5/5/10 1:31 AM
Ze Dano
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this recipe is absolutely the best chicken I have ever had..good work Moke and Mullet!!!
6/26/10 3:46 AM
Moke
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahaha this thread has inspired me to re-learn this recipe by looking it up on Mullet's page, and making it for this weekend. Except now, I don't have to broil, and I can grill it. Talk about full circle!

Have it marinating right now...

6/28/10 5:51 AM
Moke
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ahhh, just as I remembered it...

Also made some pork belly...

6/28/10 6:06 PM
Handsomejaws
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke's Chicken is the best!
6/28/10 6:07 PM
Handsomejaws
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That looks like a Weber grill...?
6/29/10 12:42 AM
deus ex machina

samgyupsal ftw!
6/29/10 11:55 PM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was at Sears the other day and they had some nice deals on propane grills.

very tempted.
6/30/10 12:36 AM
Moke

I got the Weber Spirit line with cast iron grates.

If you're going propane, it's the way to go...if you have extra money, get the Genesis line (has a few more btu's).

The thing I like about it besides the sturdy construction, is the steep angle of the slats of metal that cover the direct flame. The angle greatly minimizes flare-up. I almost never have to worry about that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.