UnderGround Forums

Jen >> Question About Your Instructionals

4/28/09 2:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pitbullxyz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know you've mentioned that after your study of postural alignment, you yourself have taken a step back and re-evaluated all aspects of your game. I also know you've said that although you do a lot of things differently now, the material on your tapes can still be valuable to a user at that particular point of their development.

My question is, after your evaluation, which of the moves in your instructional do you still find to be structurally sound for your own game? Meaning you still do them nearly identical to the way they're presented on your sets? I know this would be impossible to go over everything, but I'm asking specifically about your 'back escapes dvd.' I own most of your dvd's and I'm revisiting this one for the takedowns from the sprawl. Do you still use the techniques described in your own personal game or have you found a better way? Just curious, thanks.
4/29/09 11:42 PM
Bolo

One thing to keep in mind is that even before I figured out how to apply those principles to BJJ, my game and techniques were constantly evolving. This is a process that happens to everyone. I don't know of many black belts who hasn't tweaked and improved their techniques from what they did a decade ago.

With that being said, I have not played around much yet with the position you are referring to. That is something that I am going to re-look at again in the future. Though I have not revisited that position, I can tell you that I am sure things will change as I already have a goal to try to make things simpler in the sense I want to decrease the number of techniques that I need to memorize.
1/18/12 2:26 PM
MMehAOK

test

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.