UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> I'm not okay with death and dying

4/28/09 3:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
meow mix
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happens?  Where do you go?  What do you feel?  If you believe in nothing, does nothing happen?  What about those stories of people seeing the light and other crazy stuff?  If this body is just a vehicle for your soul, what happens to your soul until you come back?  Are you afraid right before you die?  Do you know you're dying? 

I think I might end up reading something a bit heavier than I planned.

4/28/09 3:44 PM
DW
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

since we have no way of really knowing, why worry about it?
itskrisdude
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You won't know until it happens, so stop obessing over shit you can't control.
FatMojo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/28/09 3:45 PM
It's lights out, hopefully.

Isn't the visual shit people claim to experience in near-death situation related to DMT? Or is that just a myth?
Russfromlowell
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it will b the same as b4 u were born
4/28/09 3:45 PM
Zonion
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys will all have a good LOL some day...
4/28/09 3:50 PM
angryinch

you remember what you felt like in the dinosaur age?  Well, it'll feel just like that.  

Kind of sad but we completely cease to exist....for eternity.  It's really mindboggling to think about but most likely that's what will happen.  
4/28/09 3:52 PM
thefightingsheep
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure you were asleep last night and you don't remember what happened or how long you were in that state. 
4/28/09 3:54 PM
jman
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What was it like before you were born?

That's what it's like when you're dead.

nothing
4/28/09 3:56 PM
banjo

It's gonna happen, so you should work on getting ok with it.
4/28/09 3:56 PM
OceanMinded

I died in 2006.

I saw no light, I really saw nothing. As the old adage goes, everything just faded to black.

I was flatlined for about 30 seconds until I was revived.

I am not the same person I was before that happened either.

I have no revelations on what happens when you die. In my experience, the answer there is "nothing."

4/28/09 3:58 PM
OceanMinded

Oh, and I knew I was dying. I can honestly say I felt no fear, I wasn't afraid to die. It was all really too surreal for me to think about being afraid. 

I had a few seconds to think "Uh oh" and that is about it.
4/28/09 3:59 PM
itskrisdude
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happened?
4/28/09 3:59 PM
Soup and Beer
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OceanMinded - 

I am not the same person I was before that happened either.

Care to elaborate?
4/28/09 4:04 PM
cottonzway
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
4/28/09 4:11 PM
SD CARTEL
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"What do you care what happens, you'll be dead."

I care right now dammit!
4/28/09 4:11 PM
ryanJ
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not ok about living...where should I go, how should I feel...if I believe in nothing should I feel nothing?
4/28/09 4:15 PM
meow mix
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weed just made me paranoid and hungry.  I never had any existential revelation. 

OceanMinded- do you have a greater appreciation for life?  I can understand that it would be surreal.  That makes sense.  It also makes sense not to worry about something that you can't control, but I have an insatiable need to know about everything!  Which brings me to my next thought, if you say it was just fading into black and there was nothing, what about the accounts where people saw something?  For instance, my great-grandmother flat-lined in the middle of a triple bypass and she claimed to have been performing communion with the Pope amongst other things.  If you believe in nothing, will nothing happen, and if you believe in something, will that belief happen?
4/28/09 4:16 PM
signaljammer

talk more about how you are not the same.
4/28/09 4:16 PM
signaljammer

talk more about how you are not the same.
4/28/09 4:17 PM
cottonzway
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's all speculation on all of our parts. Even those who died and came back as their stories vary. While they are "legally" dead, they obviously retain some life to be able to be brought back. I think the question may be different for those who die and don't come back.

Personally, I think something else may happen. There is just a lot of evidence to suggest this. Obviously I have no clue what it is or if it is everything. My gut tells me something else happens though. We will all find out one day regardless.
4/28/09 4:21 PM
Soup and Beer
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhiteMexican - i used the ouija board once in college. had a short conversation with an old friend who died in a car wreck. it was real. since then i believe there is an afterlife

I'll bite.  What was the nature of the conversation?
4/28/09 4:27 PM
killacox

meow mix check out the book the minds i

http://www.amazon.com/Minds-I-Fantasies-Reflections-Self/dp/0553345842
4/28/09 4:29 PM
alvo69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" All we are is dust in the wind............... and ALL your money won't another minute buy.....dust in the wind.....everything is dust in the wind"   (one of my all time fav lines, umm, some bankers / real estate scum NEED this shit RAMMED down their throats......)
4/28/09 4:30 PM
Zonion
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know the chances of this post changing anyone's mind are extreeeeeeemely low, but I'm bored, so, what the hell?

I tried to solve the mystery of life after death.  As of right now, I have read MANY books on the subjects of spirituality, religion, metaphysics, reincarnation, etc.  "past life" regressions, etc. Through training, I have succeeded in achieving/recalling random out-of-body experiences.

There is a common theme that runs throughout all of them.  And that is that the Soul/Spirit/Consciousness (whatever you want to call it) survives the death of the physical body.  It then experiences some/all of the following:  a rest period/down time if the last life was traumatic; a reuniting with friends/family who have already crossed over; and a prolonged "look back" on your last life.  This look back enables you to learn from your mistakes (apparently you feel bad about the bad things you've done and want to right the wrongs), and feel good about the good things you did.  You'll then have the chance to try again next time...

We supposedly enter into this life under a "veil of forgetfullness" in order to truly experience life.  It's like playing a video game.  The veil of forgetfullness ensures that we play the game without cheat codes.  If we didn't have the veil, it would be like playing the game with cheat codes, which we all know is not very satisfying and doesn't really show we can succeed.  Now, this veil is not always 100% effective, as shown by the truthfullness of this post (if billions of other people and I are correct, that is).

Just to play devil's advocate, OceanMinded didn't really die in 2006 or he is wrong about life after death.  If he did die and he were correct, then he wouldn't be posting on this thread because he'd be dead and gone forever.  If he really didn't die, that would explain why he is here.  However, if he DID die and he's on this thread, then that means that there IS life after death, because he died and now he is on this thread.  Anyhoo...(I know, we're talking about heart/brain electrical activity...)

That's just my two cents, Meow Mix.  The moral of the story is that WHAT YOU DO IN THIS LIFE MATTERS, and that everything will be OK in the end.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.