UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Premium Vodkas

4/28/09 7:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigEyedFish
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The ill fated 'Jim Bean' bourbon thread got me thinkin about drinkin.  I just replenished my stock of my current favorite premium vodkas.  I prefer the Polish vodkas because I think they have more and better flavour.  What do you guys like as a PV?

^ my choice
4/28/09 7:25 PM
MisoWhoreKnee
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jewel of Russia Ultra

4/28/09 7:30 PM
scab1
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The versions flavored with juniper and other botanicals.
4/28/09 7:31 PM
DikCoxxx
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't afford premium drinks, i'll stick to Absolut and Svedka(cheap, but pretty good).
4/28/09 7:34 PM
Sandy Pantz
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ciroc is the only vodka I tried that I enjoyed, but I haven't tried a whole lot of the premium vodkas
4/28/09 7:44 PM
billydeewilliams
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imperia is very good.
4/28/09 7:50 PM
A.C. Slater's Mullet
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Five O'Clock is the best vodka ever..
4/28/09 7:52 PM
BigEyedFish
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisoWhoreKnee -  Jewel of Russia Ultra

wow cool bottles. Ill keep an eye open for that!
4/28/09 7:54 PM
OBgrappler

Crystal Skull? is that the name of that vodka Ackroid was obsessed it?

Oh, and Phipps Finest or Rubonov in my opinion..maybe Mr.Boston.
4/28/09 7:56 PM
GODZILLA
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jewel of Russia is the correct answer(and incidently the one I was going to post)
4/28/09 8:01 PM
maantren
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

42 Below:

http://www.42below.com

Cheers

Colin
4/28/09 8:28 PM
BeanTownMMA
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fantastic Plastic
4/28/09 8:51 PM
Stronghold
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gordons mixes best with Gordons gin, btw.
4/28/09 9:04 PM
HuntingtonPUNK

Chopin is bomb
4/28/09 9:48 PM
Mark1

BigEyedFish -  The ill fated 'Jim Bean' bourbon thread got me thinkin about drinkin.  I just replenished my stock of my current favorite premium vodkas.  I prefer the Polish vodkas because I think they have more and better flavour.  What do you guys like as a PV?

^ my choice

Isn't the measure of a "good" vodka the lack or absence of flavor?

Mark

4/28/09 9:50 PM
g3cko
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

u can make premium vodka by running cheap vodka through charcoal filters a few times.
4/28/09 9:51 PM
Tahiti Bo
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Retired, Tahuna
 Gin > vodka
4/28/09 10:00 PM
BigEyedFish

Mark I used to think that and to be honest I dont really know. But I have come to like the actual 'flavor' of the Polish variety. I really noticed it one night when I did a shot of GG then a shot of Chopin. The GG was very watery in flavor.
4/28/09 10:21 PM
LgFriess
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark1 - 
BigEyedFish -  The ill fated 'Jim Bean' bourbon thread got me thinkin about drinkin.  I just replenished my stock of my current favorite premium vodkas.  I prefer the Polish vodkas because I think they have more and better flavour.  What do you guys like as a PV?

^ my choice

Mark

Ya, that's what I thought. I use to buy the more highly rated brands, and then promptly mix them with whatever...until I realized once you mix them, the cheap shit is as good as the good shit. So now it's a jumbo plastic bottle of Stoli's.
5/2/09 9:10 PM
MisoWhoreKnee
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LgFriess - 
Mark1 - 

^ my choice

Mark

Ya, that's what I thought. I use to buy the more highly rated brands, and then promptly mix them with whatever...until I realized once you mix them, the cheap shit is as good as the good shit. So now it's a jumbo plastic bottle of Stoli's.

Big bottles of Stoli are still glass.  Stoli is a premium vodka.  You're probably thinking of Smirnoff or something.
5/2/09 9:48 PM
Polaris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A.C. Slater's Mullet - Five O'Clock is the best vodka ever..

This. Take your premium shit and shove it up your faggoty ass. Five oclock, Nikolai, Hawkeye, etc.
5/2/09 9:53 PM
DaveFu
1755 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belvedere is good and I guess ultra premium.
5/2/09 9:58 PM
Crooklyn
706 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team
Ciroc or Jewel of Russia
5/2/09 10:02 PM
DaveFu
1755 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't drink Belvedere Fred. I know there are much better vodkas out there. I stay in Stoli/Luksusowa territory and some times slum it with some Popov. That's pretty rare though.
5/2/09 10:05 PM
Sandy Pantz
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone tried this? http://crystalheadvodka.com/

I saw it yesterday for 50 bucks, which is crazy to me, but damn that bottle looks awesome!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.