5/2/09 10:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigEyedFish
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for SP
5/2/09 10:25 PM
DaveFu
1495 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I typically do Fred. Your concern for my liver and my well being touches me.
5/2/09 10:34 PM
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for me, nothing beats grey goose. only vodka that i can drink straight. very clean. just because something is rare doesn't mean it's good.
5/2/09 10:43 PM
John Burrows
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The two best Russian vodkas are Kaufman and Beluga. There is nothing better.
5/2/09 10:55 PM
Biggy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant stand it when I order grey goose with redbull only to have my drink come and for it to taste like shit. do they honestly think I wont notice that they mixed the wrong vodka??
5/2/09 11:01 PM
DaveFu
1495 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't drink often enough Fred. :( But I will remember you when I visit the liquor store.
5/2/09 11:04 PM
Stronghold
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the word on Tito's Handcrafted Vokda. It smells oily
5/2/09 11:09 PM
WEB
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im trying that just to have the bottle
5/2/09 11:21 PM
Sandy Pantz
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stronghold - What's the word on Tito's Handcrafted Vokda. It smells oily

Had a shot of this room temperature... a lot of burn imo for what is supposed to be a highly rated vodka. The bottle says to stick it in the freezer, but haven't tried it that way.
5/3/09 1:23 AM
Crazy Zimmerman
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belvedere tastes terrible imo.  And I don't really like Stoli either, but it's better than Belv.

I stick with ketel 1 and even Absolut. 
5/3/09 1:34 AM
Crazy Zimmerman
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The proof is in the hangover.  I find Absolut and Ketel 1 to be very kind to the head the next day.   Cheap vodkas will kill you.
5/3/09 2:13 AM
Beninger
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thor's Hammer is a good vodka...
5/3/09 2:33 AM
Adam98SVT

There is this really cheap vodka, like $10.99 for 1.75L, called Velvet.  It is the same or better than all the top shelf shit.  I have no idea why.

All the mid-range vodkas Ill get a hangover.  Top shelf, not a problem.  Bottom of the bottom shelf (athough not sold in most liquor stores) is Velvet and its 11$, no hangover, mixes well, shots well. 

It could very well be just me, but its sort of the vodka anomalie as far as I am concerned.
5/3/09 2:46 AM
Polaris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will destroy all of your lives, simply because I am jealous that you can "drink responsibly!"
5/3/09 3:07 AM
JimmersonzGlove
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trader Joes!!

5/3/09 3:11 AM
TripVersion01
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ciroc is made from grapes.
I find that interesting.
5/3/09 7:30 AM
barbarian
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigEyedFish - Mark I used to think that and to be honest I dont really know. But I have come to like the actual 'flavor' of the Polish variety. I really noticed it one night when I did a shot of GG then a shot of Chopin. The GG was very watery in flavor.

lol at spending a ton of money on expensive vodka and then drinking it in shots. Makes no sense to me. It would be like buying a white truffle and swallowing it whole.
5/3/09 10:42 AM
samichlaus
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy Zimmerman -  The proof is in the hangover.  I find Absolut and Ketel 1 to be very kind to the head the next day.   Cheap vodkas will kill you.

Correct. I'm pretty much a Ketel 1 guy. I laugh at people who claim vodka is vodka & the big plastic bottle for $10 is good stuff. The proof is in the burn & in the hangover.
5/3/09 12:20 PM
The Popeye
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ your over priced crap!

This is all you need!

Tito's Handmade Vodka is produced in Austin at Texas' first and oldest legal distillery.  It's made in small batches in an old fashioned pot still by Tito Beveridge (actual name), a 45-year-old Geologist, and distilled six times.

Tito's Handmade Vodka is designed to be savored by spirit connoisseurs.  It is micro-distilled in an old-fashioned pot still, just like fine single malt scotches and high-end French cognacs.  This time-honored method of distillation requires more skill and effort than modern column stills, but it's well worth it.

Our handcrafted technique offers more  control over the distillation process, resulting in a spectacularly clean product of incomparable excellence.  Only the heart of the run, "the nectar" is taken, leaving behind residual higher and lower alcohols.  The vodka is cleansed of phenols, esters, congenersand organic acids by filtering it through the finest activated carbon available.  

Critics call Tito's "a homegrown symphonic spirt to applaud!" and say "it can go head to head with any of the worlds' greats and not break a sweat."

Tito's Handmade Vodka won the prestigious Double Gold Medal having prevailed over 70 of the world's best premium vodkas, as the judges' unanimous Gold Medal choice, at The World Spirits Competition in San Francisco California.

5/3/09 12:27 PM
BobAsh

That Tito's is cool.

I don't generally buy super-premium liquor, since my friends and I like to drink.

I stock Russian Standard.
5/3/09 12:34 PM
samichlaus
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BobAsh -  ... my friends and I like to drink....

lol

In other news, your dog wants steak.

;-P
5/3/09 4:55 PM
Sandy Pantz
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake4 - so you're telling me that this "Tito's" is better than Ciroc?

I would like to give it a try. Can you get it in any old liquor store?

You mileage may vary, but Ciroc is way better than Tito's to me. Tito's burn is very apparent, while Ciroc is smooth with a finishing hint of grape. Awesome imo
5/4/09 3:37 AM
Cryptic
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you guys tried any of these vodkas?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/mapyca.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/dq-vodka.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/1464783005_80e549aec3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/karlssons-gold_h.jpg
5/4/09 4:40 AM
Bravo1
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had some crystal skull a few weeks ago and didnt like it

I first drank Kettle 1 with a former spetsnaz, been the vodka I dig ever since
5/4/09 10:43 AM
The Popeye
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Liquor snob review of titos
www.liquorsnob.com/archives/2005/10/titos_handmade_vodka_review.php

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.