UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Need ideas for a gym name......

6/23/09 12:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i41.tinypic.com/16bdcgk.jpg
6/23/09 3:16 AM
Gorgeous

6/23/09 5:05 AM
Gorgeous

lol
6/23/09 5:54 AM
Veegoh
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Trane UFC Hear"

I think this would bring in the elite level of clients you are searching for. When you make your millions dont forget who got you that sweet name.
6/23/09 7:47 AM
Rick Screeton
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome.. you guys are the best!   GOing to start looking at locations in the next month... wil keep the UG posted
6/23/09 8:00 AM
Veegoh
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stole this idea from a sherdog post.

Call it "The Lyoto Machida Fedorium: Sponsered by BJ Penn."

If this doesnt bring in the costomers nothign will
6/23/09 8:01 AM
Veegoh

I live in NC as well. What region you looking to be in?
6/23/09 9:02 AM
droplogic

So what name did you go with?
6/23/09 9:25 AM
@
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

X-Treme Cage Fighting, Tattoo, and Pitbull Daycare Center
6/23/09 10:06 AM
mindspa24
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull Fight Club--"We Train UFC"
6/23/09 11:02 AM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about name it after a famous war battle.
6/23/09 12:32 PM
Randy Marsh
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brokeback Martial Arts...

"We will never quit you."
6/23/09 12:33 PM
BMF12

Was a decision made on a name?
6/23/09 3:39 PM
SteveinNY

Rick.. I've been lurking on this thread for a while, and have worked at gym... you're absolutely right the name is your most important battle.

Since you're looking for something fitness minded (for the public) while keeping the BJJ/Boxing/Muai Thai/Grappling focus for the committed, Think Two words or less for the name, then a motto to advertise.

I really like NC3 as well (even if it breaks my own rules.. but if you decide to franchise... you can just adjust the first two consenents ie NYCC or VCC for virginia)
6/23/09 5:31 PM
Steve Montgomery
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

North Carolina MMA Fitness
1/30/13 10:45 PM
vaginal tear
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subbed for my own ideas

1/31/13 9:25 AM
Rick Screeton
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's what I went with: www.nc3athletics.com Phone Post
2/1/13 5:15 AM
sirjoshua

Unicorn Fitness
2/1/13 7:59 AM
supercan
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't read the whole thread, but here is my two cents.

We started ours last year. Absolute Fitness Academy. We are in a suburban area and knew that the word "fight" wouldn't work at all, and "gym" was too mundane. We went with academy, as many others have, and it has worked real well.

We took 'Absolute' just from the idea that the ultimate accomplishment in BJJ is to win in an absolute division. The general public doesn't really get that, of course, but it helped us feel like we were staying true to our roots. It's a fine line the idea of MMA/BJJ/Muay Thai and fighting in general and getting the fitness aspect in there.

If it says anything, we just doubled our facility size and had BJJ going on the other night and Zumba at the same time! Check this thread out to see. http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.frame&thread=2125478&page=1

You can check us out at www.getabsolutefit.com Our BJJ "parent" we are affiliated with, Danilo Cherman, just opened a new place in Connecticut that is doing amazing. They do it all. http://www.facebook.com/ctcage

Hope that helps.
2/1/13 8:08 AM
supercan
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rick Screeton -  Here's what I went with: www.nc3athletics.com Phone Post

Just saw this. I like it! The word 'athletics' is real good. There is a market for men between 25 and 45 who were athletes or enjoy athletic competition, but no longer have an outlet. BJJ and Muay Thai are great ways for these type of guys to train and stay fit while getting the sensation of competing through rolling and sparring. Plus, BJJ tournaments are fantastic competitive outlets for "past their prime" guys.
2/1/13 8:11 AM
Tylervic
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pleasant punching Phone Post
2/1/13 8:26 AM
Pugilist82
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Male Box.
2/1/13 9:12 AM
MMA Architect
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rick Screeton -  I know I am going to get some ridiculous answers, but am also hoping for a good one!
How about "Power Bottom"? Phone Post
2/1/13 9:30 AM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rick Screeton - Here's what I went with: www.nc3athletics.com Phone Post
whoa. 3 years later. how are things going Rick? dude, I still remember all of us UGers going nuts at the Silver Fox in PB when Serra beat GSP.. good times. Phone Post
2/1/13 9:42 AM
King Trav
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You shoulda named it The Olive Garden! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.