UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> BASS FISHING in all this rain = BIG BASS !!!

4/30/09 4:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
alvo69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This Hunting and Fishing Forum NEEDS more posts, so here goes:    It's springtime, the river and lakes are being INNUNDATED with all this rain.THIS IS THE TIME to throw a jig and pig right against the bank,  as all the rising (warmer now) water  will drive the big girls to feed on the craw getting flooded out.  Heavy line (20-25lb  Fluorocaron or 50-65  lb braided line or FTW) is mandatory, NO they won't care , because they are SO focused of wacking the shit out of the crawfish, and the water will have LOTS of (up to MUD) color, and they won't gives a shit, but if you use wimpy line, you WILL, I PROMISE, WILL, get your heart broken when Girtha slams your bait a runs into that bush you can't see submerged just under the surface = Bye-Bye Biggest Bass of Your Life, and you jig will be stuck in the poor girl's face and that ain't cool.  Pitch into the NASTY shit, Pitch into palces the rainwater is running INTO the lake/river, mudlines,current swirls, and pitch onto the BANK ITSELF and drag the jig into the water. - and YES, you CAN do this from the bank, maybe even better than from a boat, I know I do just great EVERY YEAR.  Oh, and don't be afarid to get wet. I often wade RIGHT IN, and get BIG fish doing this, REMEMBER, "Fortune Favors the Bold"             

Image                   7lb 10 oz NORTHERN strain Largemouth Bass from a Chicago area small lake. (and the OTHER fatty in this picture has lost 50 pounds so far... : )
5/1/09 6:32 AM
hotshot123
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

we always do alot better in the spring if we get the flooding rains
5/7/09 5:54 AM
TheAdonis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

have you shaved off that moles-stache yet? haha
5/7/09 9:55 AM
alvo69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES, The Swedish Tickler has been replaced by The Slick Slug...  === I went out sat to try and catch some big girls (female bass wiseguys...) moving up, but even though the water WAS high, it was still cold, and the wind was really churning shit up. This wind thing is GREAT when the water is WARM, but fuckall when it's cold. I had 3 small bucks chase my jig to the surface early on, but they weren't 'eating' , just chasing it out of the area in EARLY preparations  for bedding. THE FULL MOON IS THIS SATURDAY!! (May 9th) and with MUCH warmer weather this week , along with the additional rain we got yesterday, I FULLY expect a big wave of early spawners to hit the bank. The BIGGEST fish usually are the FIRST to spawn, so I  WILL be there on saturday,  or I SUCK.  We also have BIG smallmouth bass that also come into the harbors of Lake Michigan to spawn, and they too should be GOOD TO GO!! I see sunday as the day to do that...  GOOD LUCK, and be SAFE out there!!! and remember... DON'T 'HORSE' that big fish, that'll just up the odds you 'dump' her.... and PLEASE 'Catch. Photo, and RELEASE" -Alex
5/9/09 10:22 PM
alley
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My god, this fishing lingo...
6/29/09 7:27 AM
Byrd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my god you look like wade boggs. nice fish!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.