UnderGround Forums

Money, Business & Finance Ground >> Investing Question

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/1/09 12:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kungfugrip
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looking to start a roth ira this january using vanguard. Here is my question:

most funds you need 3000 to start. I dont think I will have that at that time. SHould 1:

a) Invest in a lower fund that isnt my first choice(1000 start-up) and once I get enough built up move the investment into the fund I want

or

b) Just wait the extra 3-6 months to save up the 3000 to invest in the fund i truly want

thinking the second option might be better because I doubt 3-6 month in a mutal fund is going to help that much. Ideas? Is the first option even possible?
6/13/09 6:06 PM
Worth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's good funds that only cost $25 to get invested in. Good funds for $50 and $100 also. Look around or seek a knowledgable financial advisor.
6/19/09 2:31 PM
panic686
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of companies will let you use a letter of intent if you don't have enough right now. Tell them you will pay a specific amount every month to reach a certain point.
8/26/09 10:58 PM
koreviewz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/01/09 9:27 PM
KO-REVIEWS.COM, OWNER
 I would not go to a financial advisor, as they usually recommend some funds that they get a kick back from.

I'd wait and save up for what you want.  When you start switching funds, you don't really get the value in my opinion.

http://success-and-health.blogspot.com/

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.