UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cain Velasquez video talks UFC 99

5/6/09 2:02 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
UG News
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News

KNOXX Video with UFC Heavyweight Cain Velasquez. Cain talks about his upcoming fight with Heath Herring, his training, and his future plans.

5/6/09 2:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner
 still can't get past the brown pride tattoo
5/6/09 2:06 PM
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for Cain and congrats on his baby girl.

"Coral Love Velaquez. 8lbs. 6 ozs."

UFC 99: Cain Velasquez (5-0-0) vs. Heath Herring (28-14-0)
Cain VelasquezHeath Herring
5/6/09 2:08 PM
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/6/09 2:11 PM
RickStorm
1914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im excited about this fight and have no idea who will win and have no idea who to root for. I like them both these guys and just hope for a barn burner.
5/6/09 4:21 PM
Card

http://mmamania.com/2009/05/06/raising-cain-an-mmamaniacom-interview-exclusive-with-cain-velasquez/

Brian Oswald (MMAmania.com): If your pedigree is your wrestling, how did you get so good at knocking people out? All your wins inside the Octagon are by first or second round T(KO).

Cain Velasquez: I owe that all to my coaches at AKA. I have been here for about two and a half years and working really hard on my stand up. During that time, I found myself being drawn to the stand up part of the game more than anything. I’ve gotten really comfortable with all aspects of stand up, whether it’s working my clinch, boxing or working the leg kicks. Wrestling has turned into my insurance card, and when I need it, it’ll be there for me, ready to go.

5/6/09 5:00 PM
reflector
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Cain will beat Herring.
5/7/09 9:04 AM
knowhow

Velasquez needs to dominate Herring if he holds any HW title aspirations..
5/7/09 9:06 AM
canuck34
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep, this fight will dictate wether he gets a title shot in the next year vs having to build himself back up and get his record into the double digits before a shot.

I think he beats Herring though.
5/7/09 10:22 AM
RichDalton
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain WILL win this fight. And as long as he does so, he will be in the top echelon and be right in line for a title shot.
5/7/09 12:20 PM
BuddyRevell
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knowhow - Velasquez needs to dominate Herring if he holds any HW title aspirations..

Just curious about what you mean by domination? Brock controlled Heath, but couldn't finish him. Is that considered domination?
5/7/09 12:48 PM
TOWE

Cain will beat Herring bad, really bad...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.