UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> negreanu vs random online guy

5/11/09 4:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nhbMIKE
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

demandango - 
wooosaaaa5 -However, I'm 100% serious when I say people like wreckker and PR are pathetic for considering themselves professional poker players when they know damn well they don't make NEARLY enough money to have it as their only job. If they are content with living mediocre though, then I guess that's just the way they like to live.

i assume then you are suggesting that you a)do not consider yourself pathetic because you can b)prove you make more than they do.

if a person can make more money playing poker than they could doing what you might otherwise be doing then it would make sense to do it. the median income in the u.s. is approx 40k, and it is likely they make more than that, which means they are doing better than 'mediocre'.

they are also likely doing much better than you at poker, so i am curious why you spend your time trolling while at the same time considering others to be beneath you, when that is clearly not the case.

to be considered a professional poker player, one would usually simply need to have poker as their main source of income. if that income is higher than the national median, it is a reasonable assertion to call that person a professional.

i would also argue that taking a small pay cut to have total freedom and get to do what you enjoy has merit.

i would rather make $40k by my own terms and enjoy myself than $50k and being misrable hating my boss and peers.

not that i make $40k playing poker i'm just saying it's not as cut and dry as you must make $X to consider playing for a living.
5/11/09 8:02 PM
wooosaaaa5
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at 40K. Who the hell do you know that makes 40K a year and lives comfortably? That is the most pathetic income I have ever heard of. I guess if you like living in an apartment and not having a family.
5/11/09 8:49 PM
PR
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wooosaaaa5 - Yes, I was trolling them in that thread badly and they took the bait lmao. However, I'm 100% serious when I say people like wreckker and PR are pathetic for considering themselves professional poker players when they know damn well they don't make NEARLY enough money to have it as their only job. If they are content with living mediocre though, then I guess that's just the way they like to live.

Gonna have to do better than that to get me angry enough to care.

:)
5/11/09 9:30 PM
demandango
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wooosaaaa5 - lol at 40K. Who the hell do you know that makes 40K a year and lives comfortably? That is the most pathetic income I have ever heard of. I guess if you like living in an apartment and not having a family.

based simply on your performance on this msg board, it is unlikely you make more than 40k, however, i do not know if you are comfortable with this or not.
5/11/09 9:51 PM
wooosaaaa5

lol, I'm in college and I make more than 40K a year playing poker bro. Once I graduate I won't be having poker as my only job, although I easily could since I make 50-60K a year. 50-60K a year is not a lot of money at all, and I would never settle for that.
5/12/09 12:04 AM
VectorWega

wooosaaaa5 - lol at 40K. Who the hell do you know that makes 40K a year and lives comfortably? That is the most pathetic income I have ever heard of. I guess if you like living in an apartment and not having a family.

You're not even in the real world yet.  You have no f#cking clue.
5/12/09 12:16 AM
wooosaaaa5

VectorWega - 

If you think you can live a good life making 40K a year, then your a complete waste of space and a lazy bum.
5/12/09 12:26 AM
VectorWega

wreckker -  Daniel has so much else going on he doesnt "have to" play for a living like he used to.

It seems to me that his game has gone down, he calls way too much on high stakes poker show.

He doesnt want to be bluffed out of pots at all, almost like a ego thing.

For many players to play their best the money has to matter to them
I also believe his game has gone down in the past year and I think it has a lot to do with his personal life. 

It's still funny that some 10/20 guy would call out Negreanu.  Negreanu has the pigskins on the wall:  #2 all-time tourney money winner, #1 WPT Money winner, and 4 WSOP bracelets.
5/12/09 12:27 AM
VectorWega

wooosaaaa5 - 
VectorWega - 

If you think you can live a good life making 40K a year, then your a complete waste of space and a lazy bum.

I can go years without working at all.
5/12/09 12:32 AM
wooosaaaa5

lol with 40k?
5/12/09 12:34 AM
VectorWega

demandango - another interesting thing about this is that phil galfond stated that daniel is better at holdem than gus, which obviously supports that gus is the reason those games run a lot of the time.

ignore wooosaaaa5, he is clearly trolling. take his statement to mean that he agrees with you. he trolls several different forums, and although his style is not very subtle, he still seems to hook many people- that, i can't figure out.

Those games do run because of Gus, but people assume that makes Gus a bad player, which is not true.  The players that Gus plays are the very best in the world.  I do not believe that Gus is better than them, but that doesn't mean he isn't better than 99.9% of the players out there.  Also, Gus will play anyone.  He isn't afraid to play Ivey or Antonius or anyone.  Even some of the top players can't claim that.  In other words, Gus's game selection sucks which impacts his overall profitability.  Even so he's still up over a million online this year (albeit it's been very up, down, up, down).
5/12/09 12:35 AM
VectorWega

wooosaaaa5 - lol with 40k?
Wouldn't be a problem at all.

5/12/09 12:37 AM
VectorWega

BTW, I'd recommend http://www.gushansentv.com/  to anyone.  It gives you a perspective into Gus's mind and is at times great entertainment (when Gus is playing drunk for $100s of thousands of dollars, or when Gus is on tilt).  Also, at times he looks like he taken a bath in days.
5/12/09 12:40 AM
wooosaaaa5

No further discussion needs to take place. It is obvious how dumb you really are. Bye bye.
5/12/09 12:58 AM
nhbMIKE
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sorry kid you are just a troll until proven otherwise
5/12/09 1:02 AM
wooosaaaa5

40K.....lmao....
5/12/09 2:02 AM
VectorWega

Edited: 05/12/09 2:02 AM
 They used to call it a 401k but were forced to change the name after the stock market collapsed. 
5/12/09 2:28 AM
demandango
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so he makes 60k a year, but is talking shit to a bunch of people that probably make more. there are people in this world that make millions per year. there would be no difference between you (even when you are making your gigantic first year out of college salary) and people who make 15k a year to these people, except that they would think that your behaviour indicates that you are an asshole. there are a lot more important things than money. to a truly monetarily wealthy person, you will never be any different, in your life, than a person that makes 15K a year. the difference is that negligible to them. this must upset you, since money is so important to you. there are also true masters of other crafts who will never make more than 100k a year. you are not better than those people either. perhaps you should get some perspective.
5/12/09 9:00 AM
walbjj
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

woooosaaa or whatever his name is needs a lesson in being a civilised person, rather than talking like a spoilt dick.
ive mentioned my younger brother a few times. he is 25, and he generates all his income from online poker. in his first year as a full time pro (where he didnt work in our family business), he earnt over $100k playing poker. previously, he would only put in a max of 20-25 hours a week, if that and he still managed to earn about $60k a year as a part time thing.
he basically just travels around, snowboards, meets up with his other online poker mates wherever they r travelling and takes his laptop with him and plays when he has time. if there is snow, then he doesnt play much, like this year, he has only put in 100k hands so hasnt earnt much, but he isnt bothered as he is living comfortably. when the snow dries up, then he either puts more time on the tables or goes out drinking.
basically woooosaaa, it doesnt matter how much u can make, just stop being an asshole in life. no one cares what u make
5/12/09 10:03 AM
wooosaaaa5

walbjj - woooosaaa or whatever his name is needs a lesson in being a civilised person, rather than talking like a spoilt dick.
ive mentioned my younger brother a few times. he is 25, and he generates all his income from online poker. in his first year as a full time pro (where he didnt work in our family business), he earnt over $100k playing poker. previously, he would only put in a max of 20-25 hours a week, if that and he still managed to earn about $60k a year as a part time thing.
he basically just travels around, snowboards, meets up with his other online poker mates wherever they r travelling and takes his laptop with him and plays when he has time. if there is snow, then he doesnt play much, like this year, he has only put in 100k hands so hasnt earnt much, but he isnt bothered as he is living comfortably. when the snow dries up, then he either puts more time on the tables or goes out drinking.
basically woooosaaa, it doesnt matter how much u can make, just stop being an asshole in life. no one cares what u make

Your brother is a loser.
5/12/09 10:04 AM
wooosaaaa5

demandango - so he makes 60k a year, but is talking shit to a bunch of people that probably make more. there are people in this world that make millions per year. there would be no difference between you (even when you are making your gigantic first year out of college salary) and people who make 15k a year to these people, except that they would think that your behaviour indicates that you are an asshole. there are a lot more important things than money. to a truly monetarily wealthy person, you will never be any different, in your life, than a person that makes 15K a year. the difference is that negligible to them. this must upset you, since money is so important to you. there are also true masters of other crafts who will never make more than 100k a year. you are not better than those people either. perhaps you should get some perspective.

I am better than 90% of the world, and I will always have that attitude. It's my way or the highway. That's just the way it is. Deal with it.
5/12/09 11:34 AM
demandango

interestingly, you believing it actually makes it less true- although it was not close to true to begin with. in fact your attitude easily puts you in the lowest 0.1% of people. that is to say, for every 1000 people one of us meets, only one acts like as big of an asshole as you do. this is not a trivial observation.
5/12/09 1:10 PM
the_sandman

wooosaaaa5 - I am better than 90% of the world, and I will always have that attitude. It's my way or the highway. That's just the way it is. Deal with it.

I am actually pegging you at bottom 25% of the world. You seem like a clueless lying fuck ball with poor social skills, a lack of self esteem, a lack of maturity and an abrasive personality.

I would peg you as an under achiever who would be inclined to over represent their skills in order to garnish some undeserved attention from people on the internet in order to fill some gaping hole in your life. Most likely that hole is your lack of ability to get laid, low income job and/or the reverberation of your parents frustration at still supporting you.

I am thinking you have epic fail tattooed on your head and it hurts you deep 24/7.
5/12/09 2:52 PM
wreckker
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JUST IGNORE WOOOSUCK

Not even a funny or good troll.

LOL trying to pretend your somebody your not.

Be yourself.

Watch this

Im REGGIE CARDIEL

poker player mma fan-fighter and happy to be myself

5/12/09 6:51 PM
wooosaaaa5

the_sandman - 
wooosaaaa5 - I am better than 90% of the world, and I will always have that attitude. It's my way or the highway. That's just the way it is. Deal with it.

I am actually pegging you at bottom 25% of the world. You seem like a clueless lying fuck ball with poor social skills, a lack of self esteem, a lack of maturity and an abrasive personality.

I would peg you as an under achiever who would be inclined to over represent their skills in order to garnish some undeserved attention from people on the internet in order to fill some gaping hole in your life. Most likely that hole is your lack of ability to get laid, low income job and/or the reverberation of your parents frustration at still supporting you.

I am thinking you have epic fail tattooed on your head and it hurts you deep 24/7.

lmao....funny thing is, if I ever saw you somewhere I would laugh and spit beer in your face and call your mom bad names....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.