UnderGround Forums

Iowa Underground >> Need place to train in Cedar Rapids

5/8/09 12:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Miller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been "away" for a while and recently found myself transplanted in the Cedar Rapids area.I used to compete a lot but then other things took over my life.I'm looking to start training again and I need a positive constructive crew to workout with in the area.I have seen a couple of places mentionned on here but I'm looking to explore all opportunities.However it must be in the Cedar Rapids area as A) I don't have a driver's license and B) I'm currently restricted to Linn County.Thanks,Clayton Miller
5/8/09 10:00 PM
Halz

Clayton, good to hear from you.  Are you looking for MMA or BJJ? Vahalla/mainstream has a good team with the Koch brothers and others.  I know that Hawkeye BJJ has a branch that you can find off of the Hawkeye Bjj website (go to blogs) and you are always welcome to come up to Waterloo and train.
5/8/09 10:01 PM
Halz

And also congrats on your pre 01 date on the profile.  I have no idea how you did that.
5/10/09 11:18 PM
donkypunch55
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr.Miller, My name is Demian, and myself and a few others operate the Valhalla Combat Club in cedar rapids. We are the home of team Harddrive, and have a pretty decent facility with about 15 - 20 pro's and a handfull of ametures that fight out of our club. We've got Keoni and Eric Koch , Devon Christiansen and Dave Sherzer as coaches. We're open from 4-8 Mon - Fri and on the weekend depending on participation. Team Harddrive practice is from 6-8 Mon, Wed, Thur. Dues are $55 to sign up, and then $30 a month; we also offer a day rate of $5 a visit. We're located on the corner of 5th ave and 12th St. South East in CR. give me a call if you have any questions or want better directions
319-721-6911
5/15/09 2:30 PM
Miller

Demian,I enjoyed stopping by the other day and I plan on attending your facility after I find a job in this town so hopefully I'll see you again soon
5/15/09 3:21 PM
donkypunch55
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool man, we look foreward to having you. We've got 155ers and under falling out of our pockets, but are a bit short on the heavier weights. Your size and experience will be a welcome addition... hope to see you sooner, rather than later
5/15/09 4:44 PM
Miller

Damn,there goes the idea of cutting to 155
5/17/09 4:17 PM
donkypunch55

nah, if that's your goal, shoot for it, we'll get some big guys whernever we do, and not a minute before... the good news is we've got enough well rounded fighters to help any weight improve and get better...
5/17/09 4:18 PM
donkypunch55

hmmm... upon reflection, "improve and get better" is a bit fucking redundent...
5/18/09 5:24 PM
Miller

that was just idle sarcasm.I'd have to lose 60lbs to make 155 and that is not happening any time soon
5/19/09 10:31 AM
donkypunch55

ah... sarcasm, you'll fit in just fine...
5/25/09 9:46 AM
donkypunch55

Whats up y'all... No point in starting a new thread; no one reads this shit anyway... i got a chance to referee the Nick Marin show last night (Sun. 5/24). Was a very interesting experience. There's nothing quite like being inches away from someone and actually seeing their will get broken... witnessing the moment of surrender... did you know if someone bleeds enough, you can actually smell it in the air? fuckin' awesome... if any one saw the fights i would appreciate any constructive critique... this is not an opening for the guys i train with to blast me... but good luck stopping them... bring it...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.