UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> LEO's career after being cited 4 misdemeanor/poker

5/13/09 11:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ProMagnus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A buddy of mine was a patrolman in the Dallas area. He recently got cited when he got caught playing in a private poker game when guys from another agency came to serve a warrant on someone living at the residence.

The ticket is a low level misdemeanor and is about a $100 fine. But it was a big thing with the department and he was asked to resign.

He is pretty broken up about this. He keeps looking to me for advice since I'm a paralegal. But honestly I don't know what to tell him.

He says they are going to drop the ticket and that his certification is going to be fine but he doesn't know how this is going to effect him finding another job.

anybody have any advice or sense of what I should tell him?
5/14/09 4:11 PM
Shire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not an attorney (LEO actually) but cant he make a deal for dropping the ticket and doing some community service for the department?
5/14/09 4:51 PM
ProMagnus

From what I understand they are gonna drop the ticket but his Chief was a real hard ass and forced his resignation.

he wants to know if this is the end of his law enforcement career?
6/5/09 5:50 PM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor guy, I just read this now... how is he making out?
8/28/09 11:08 PM
lenox01
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

his union should be able to give him good advise (hopefully)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.