UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Mechanic trying to rip me off, what are my options

5/15/09 12:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SirPrize
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I dropped %500 on my lawyer, and had a letter delivered cetified mail to the guy that owned the place, at work saying I was going to sue him personally. He boss called to apologize to me personally and told me he fired the guy."

UCP, what did you threaten to sue the guy with? What charge / damages? You had to have something more than "the guy was an asshole", right?

"have the fliers list a website to join a "Class Action Lawsuit" against him. it's BS, but it will make him sweat.
You have ignored this user."

Nice! I like this idea!
5/15/09 1:00 PM
sol manila
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xcouturefan - 
Govnor -  Should have bought domestic.

5/15/09 1:02 PM
The Noose

mteub - TAKE SOME TIME OF...PARK YOUR CAR ON THE STREET IN FRONT OF HIS SHP...AND PICKET HIM.....HOLD UP A SIGN THAT SAYS HE IS CROOKED AND WRITE YOUR EXPERIENCE DOWN AND HAND EVERYONE THAT COMES NEAR THE PLACE A COPY.....

this is a good idea. Ill bring a group of people, maybe call a local news station. Im sure that would fuck up his business.
5/15/09 1:06 PM
The Noose

Dude, if MOTPH was actually serious and flew out here to exact some revenge on my behalf, that would be fucking epic.
5/15/09 1:13 PM
GucciGucciGucci
817 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Picket the place ?
5/15/09 1:29 PM
Mark1

Lurken - Did you read my earlier post?

It it was one of the 3,500,000 Toyotas affected, Toyota should cover your costs for engine damage.

Mark

Mark1. Who , what. how, why and when do you file a claim?

The wife has a 02 Highlander. No problems yet, BUT!
Google it.  I am sure you can find more info and a contact if you look.

Mark

5/15/09 1:37 PM
cp31

Small claims court.
5/15/09 3:40 PM
Lurken

Man Of The People!

You have a job to do
5/15/09 4:39 PM
jettdogg

macdawg - I'm working in a shop part time now while I'm going back to school.

A guy came in the other night with a piece of shit 93 ranger that wouldn't start & he had it towed over. I put in a new igntion coil and recommended new plugs as well which he declined. I put in the ignition coil for $200 and his car broke down 15 minutes up the street. I towed his car back in free of charge for him for a $200 order.

Basically, I'll use local auto places for brake, coolant, transmision flush, brake jobs, alignments, tires, spark plugs, etc. Anything like a check engine light I'd be going to the dealer.

Don't pay these people a damn cent and take the car to the dealer.

Dealers will rob you blind, come on now. They will charge you 10 hours of labor for a 1 hour job, my nephew works for one right now and tells me about all this stuff.

Thank God I became such a good mechanic over the years, I do remember my Mom getting ripped off by these places in the past many times. One time the local Firestone charged her for a front brake job they never did because the brakes only had about 15,000 miles on them. I had the money back in 10 minutes, I am sure you could here me yelling a block away. I also called the BBB on them.

Noose, you got completely hosed, putting an engine in is a one day job. Don't let those guys fuck you over for one more penny.
5/15/09 11:38 PM
Fightin_Chance
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck dealerships...the parts cost twice as much from them because they are genuine GM or whatthefuckever brand

we used to take our cars to a cousin of my father in laws but he only does certain things any more

a family friend of ours recommended a good mechanic and we drive our vehicles out of our way over to his garage in this small town....he has been nothing but honest and nice with us and has never over charged us

finding a guy like this is fucking GOLD, there i said it again
5/18/09 7:22 AM
mteub
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UPDATE?
5/18/09 6:11 PM
lawrenceofidaho
865 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for an update
5/18/09 11:56 PM
The Noose

Sorry its taken so long for an update. I'm still waiting to find out what the mechanic at the transmission shop to call me back with a verdict. It seems to me that at this point I am either going to get my transmission fixed for free under the warranty, or the transmission shop will be able to prove the other shop fucked it up, in which case I might have a legit lawsuit. I dont know. I should find out soon. Man Of The Peep Hole might have to be Man On The Pay Roll.
5/19/09 12:01 AM
The Noose

GucciGucciGucci - Picket the place ?

Yeah, seems kinda lame, but I bet that would deter some business away from him. Also, that might provide the opportunity I need to legally stomp his ass if he sees me trying to run business away and tries to get tough. Plus, I have some idiot friends with nothing better to do.
5/19/09 12:11 AM
_goldplatedeyes_
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mteub - please heed my advice...cancle your transactions NOW!!!!...don't let him get the original money..........

5/19/09 12:15 AM
Adam98SVT

Do what you need to do to get your car back and running.  Small claims IMO.

Pulling an engine, it is not that hard.  It does sound like it though.  Get involved with an entusiast group.  Even though you have a Camry, and probably a 4 cyl. + automatic trans, there are a shit ton of other people that have that car and want to make it fast.  Most will be retarded, but get on a good forum and you will be set.
5/19/09 12:26 AM
TOWE

fanoffights - That's bullshit! The reason the car had to be towed in the first place was because they had things screwed up. I hate motherfuckers like that. Tell them if they had done it right in the first place that it wouldn't have to be towed and diagnosed.

I would threaten with everything legal. Attorney, BBB, newspaper letter to the editor. As mentioned above, dump the damn thing to some schmuk and get something else.

I agree with the above statement.

The BBB (better business bureau), lawyer, and writing the local paper are the way to go.

Do NOT pay them another dime, you are being swindled and taken advantage of.  You can demand your car back, they do NOT own it.  If you refuse to pay, they can take you to court if they desire. 
1/7/10 3:41 AM
Hecademus

lawrenceofidaho - 
ManOfThePeepHole -
I will fly into wherever you are on my dime over the Memorial Day weekend and knock on this pukes front door. You will not have to be involved but the whole clan will know that shit just got real. Let me know. I once rented a UHaul Moving Truck with a stolen credit card and spent a night literally driving into and backing over cars of peeps who had fucked with a friend of mine. The carnage was magnificent and these little rats had no response. They crawled inot their motherfucking rat holes and hid like bitches.

These fuckers want the bull? they'll get the horns.

1. I don't work

2. i have frequent flier miles

3. i can go three days without posting tits for these pukes

4. there is no number four.
 Calling MOTPH.......
Tough toss up between Loopz and MOTPH for poster of 09. Damn.

Anyway, yelp.com is your friend. Slam that asshole there for sure.

3/20/10 3:25 AM
wrestlerguy04
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT..

What ever happened here? Did MOTPH wreck some shit or what?? You beat his ass???
8/26/11 8:08 AM
jcblass

was going to be about $2800 with a 100,000 miles/3 years warranty.

So if the engine blew up after the 1st mile, why the hell are the charging you?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.