UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> College while in Active Duty Army

5/14/09 1:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Power Clean
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 8/25/08
Posts: 2002
I was wondering what is the best way to receive tuition assistance while in the active duty Army?

I think the GI Bill will only help me out once my 3 year contract in the Army is over. But I don't want to wait that long because I will turn 30 years old by that time and I would be over the age limit to attend Officer Candidate School.

So I don't know whats the best way to pay for my bachelors now. Who should I talk to about getting student loans? Maybe I should just get regular student loans now and look into the "Army College Loan Repayment Program" I heard the College loan repayment program helps to pay off student loans.

But I don't know too much about these options or whats a good strategy to take about this. I will have to do more research.

I'm thinking about going to National University because they have classes on the internet so I don't have to go to a campus.
5/15/09 8:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 2/8/07
Posts: 213
Ar eyou currently enlisted? Check out the Active Duty Option for Green to Gold.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.