UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Sugar Free Energy Drinks

5/14/09 6:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Project
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wondering about the long term effects. I drink 3 to 4 a day. I still haven't heard a definitive answer to any health issues that may come about. Thoughts?
6/16/09 11:25 PM
RichDalton
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 to 4 a day every day is definitely bad for you. too much of anything is bad for you.

the easiest way to explain, is that it is just full of crap. artificial sweetners and food coloring and crap.
6/22/09 3:25 PM
savage animal
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would cut back to a cup of coffee and then to tea. I grab an energy drink or 2 a week, when really struggling to get up for training or drinking
6/22/09 4:55 PM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/22/09 4:56 PM
 Agree on making your own energy drink. Find out what elements commonly used are effective for you and buy them separately. Commercial preps are going to have a lot added for reasons of preservation, taste and color that you don't need.

Things to consider: High desert bee pollen, glutamine, acai, caffeine, watermelon juice, multivitamin, garlic, ginseng, protein powder.

Why and when are you drinking these 3-4x per day? You're probably getting an insulin spike and dip, causing you to have low blood sugar. The commercial drinks may be designed to make you want more, so that's another reason to avoid.

PS, just because they 'say' sugar-free doesn't make it so. They probably contain malto-dextrin, corn syrup and other things but the FDA allows them to say 'sugar-free' if they don't have glucose or sucrose added.

Read the label carefully.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.