UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Any Guitar Builders here?

6/30/10 1:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry, but in my honest opinion, someone who puts so much work into making a copy of an old Les Paul is wasting real talent. Jeez, do something NEW instead of laboring over the past. He does AMAZING work, I'd like to see what he makes when his soul rules instead of his mind.
6/30/10 3:37 AM
Racer X
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll post pics here of my new project: Ultra light chambered Strat body with a maple/maple neck and stainless steel frets! Duncan P-rail pick-ups. LOTS of switching options. Nuclear reactor and rail gun equipped!

OK, I straight up LIED about the rail gun and the reactor, but it's still gonna be a really cool guitar!
6/30/10 11:06 AM
whaledog
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/30/10 11:53 AM
Racer X -  I'm sorry, but in my honest opinion, someone who puts so much work into making a copy of an old Les Paul is wasting real talent. Jeez, do something NEW instead of laboring over the past. He does AMAZING work, I'd like to see what he makes when his soul rules instead of his mind.

Recreations are his thing.  He obsesses on the details of vintage instruments.

He has similar threads for builds of vintage recreation telecasters, strats, esquires, fender Jazz basses, etc.  Personally, i enjoy seeing how he makes em.  I find it fascinating.

But here's a non-vintage B-Bender/Honduran Tele build that was pretty interesting:  http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-depot/186073-2009-b-bended-honduran-tele-build.html  
7/6/10 12:59 PM
Racer X

Don't get me wrong,whaledog. I love what he does, I'd just like to see what comes out of his head rather than his ability to make an exact(and I do mean exact) replica.

That mahogany Tele build is VERY cool. I'm definately hooked on his threads.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.