UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> Toughest TMAers

9/8/09 11:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People get into martial arts because they want to. Relating that to toughness isnt really appropriate if you do it because you love it. If you want real toughness then go join the military and get shot at without a choice in the matter
9/9/09 4:57 AM
laqueus

I don't see how being shot at makes you tough. Being shot doesn't make you tough either. Handling being shot and keeping going would make you tough, but that's a matter of luck.
2/22/10 11:28 PM
CatastrophicReaction

Chuck Norris, Joe Lewis, Ron Marchini, Chris Ost,  Benny Urquidez, Bill Wallace,

All the old schoolers were tough and still are tough as nails IMO 
4/9/10 10:55 PM
jcblass
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paul Vunak
5/27/11 7:16 PM
japaneseperson

#1 Women that give birth is the toughest. Hands down.

then comes
#2Sumo
#3aMT
#3aJudo
#3aKyokushin

And i do not participate in any of the above. AND CANNOT IMAGINE #1 at all, makes me cringe.
5/27/11 7:56 PM
Lord Kancho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

japaneseperson - #1 Women that give birth is the toughest. Hands down.

then comes
#2Sumo
#3aMT
#3aJudo
#3aKyokushin

And i do not participate in any of the above. AND CANNOT IMAGINE #1 at all, makes me cringe.

Imagine if #1 was a competitive sport?
5/27/11 8:15 PM
Lord Kancho
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And, btw, I think a man passing a giant kidney stone through his penis is even tougher than giving birth. The vaginal canal dilates to make things as easy as possible. There is no step in passing a kidney stone in which your body tries to make things easier: it's just you pushing a jagged shard through your ripped and bloody urethra.
5/27/11 8:40 PM
japaneseperson

Lord Kancho - And, btw, I think a man passing a giant kidney stone through his penis is even tougher than giving birth. The vaginal canal dilates to make things as easy as possible. There is no step in passing a kidney stone in which your body tries to make things easier: it's just you pushing a jagged shard through your ripped and bloody urethra.

Thats what i HEARD.. Luckily (knock on wood) i dont have to enter the Kidney stone tournament.

But with new technology, i heard that Ultrasonic technology MIGHT make kidney stones easier.

5/28/11 12:39 PM
cdueck
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya but it will still hurt and you will still piss a lot of blood. I passed one very small kidney stone and that was enough for me.  
5/31/11 2:47 AM
shen
1063 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/31/11 2:52 AM

Sifu Winston Omega.

Truly.

Actually TOO tough. Had trouble keeping students. Gary Daniels (the kickboxer / actor) was one of his students.

Winston was not all that famous, but is the real deal.
5/18/13 6:14 PM
Ninja mon

Great thread! A friend of mine who is a really good wrestler, and has a lot of insight was asked by another one of my friends if he thinks that wrestling teaches you toughness, or if it attracts those types of people. His reply was that it was a little of both. I def think that besides wrestling, many martial arts end of weeding a lot of people out. When I think of our school, which I've been training at for years, we have a high turnover rate, which is what I hear about a lot of other schools.

There is a great deal of people from different arts that end up being hard-core. My friend who is old and crippled trained Kyokushin for a long time, and the guy is one scary sob, you wouldn't think it by looking at him. The guy surprised the hell outta me, but I experienced his energy and techniques. What's even scarier is when he introduced me to his sensei. The guy is even older than him, I'm pretty sure he was crippled up too. The guy was one scary sob. It's funny because I went to his house and he was just smoking reds and drinking. They both stood up and started doing kata lol. He showed me a few other techniques and the guy was one mean scary sob, but a very nice man. His knuckles were freaking huge, omg I can't describe how jacked they were. My friend told me that he grew up doing a lot of manual labor and working with concrete, whatever he did it made him pretty freaking hard-core!
5/23/13 2:54 PM
Outkaster
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well of course it is over time. Do a Judo class, I have done hard BBJ also, it's not the same really. Rolling does take a lot of you but try getting thrown 20-50 times a class.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.