UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> how to male pizza greasier?

5/23/09 4:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

been making some pizzas from scratch, but they seem to be too dry for my tastes...how do you make them greaasy ny style? is it the cheese, the sauce, the dough???
5/23/09 9:39 PM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ your title typo.

Uhhh, more pepperoni?  With the amount of pepperoni I put on a pizza it's a fire hazard.  
5/24/09 6:40 PM
Mit
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More meat will grease that shit right up!!!
5/25/09 7:34 AM
hvt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try basting the pizza with bacon grease and remain seated through the heart attacks.
5/27/09 1:07 PM
goku

thanks..any non meat recipes?

i was thinking about adding olive oil to the dough before the tomato sauce and then sprinking olive oil to the pizza before baking
5/27/09 3:45 PM
Mit
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goku - thanks..any non meat recipes?

i was thinking about adding olive oil to the dough before the tomato sauce and then sprinking olive oil to the pizza before baking

Non meat recipes?!? I don't follow.
5/28/09 2:13 AM
Xtina

more male?
5/30/09 12:09 AM
MisoWhoreKnee
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try using whole milk mozzarella instead of part skim mozz.  Most pizzerias in NYC use whole milk cheese.  Whole milk cheese has almost twice the fat as part skim.  More fat = more grease.  That should do the trick.
5/30/09 12:10 AM
MisoWhoreKnee
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NEDCMK1 - use cheap cheese. the lower quality cheese the more oil will come out of it.

Greasy pizza is greasy due to low quality ingredients.

This isn't true.
6/1/09 1:43 PM
MisoWhoreKnee

NEDCMK1 - " NEDCMK1 - use cheap cheese. the lower quality cheese the more oil will come out of it.

Greasy pizza is greasy due to low quality ingredients.

This isn't true. "

Saw it on the Food Network show Food detectives for what it's worth.

Maybe they were talking about imitation cheese.  Real mozz isn't made with any oil.  It gets it fat from milk fat.  Imitation cheese is made with oil but very few pizza places use imitation cheese.  Hell, I think even Chuck E Cheese uses real cheese.  If you used imitation cheese in NYC you would probably be shot.
6/1/09 2:06 PM
goku

MisoWhoreKnee -  Try using whole milk mozzarella instead of part skim mozz.  Most pizzerias in NYC use whole milk cheese.  Whole milk cheese has almost twice the fat as part skim.  More fat = more grease.  That should do the trick.

this turned out to be correct...the part skim mizz is rubbery...i had to add a shit load of olive oil to make it have the type of grease that is consistent with most pizzarias...
6/10/09 3:16 PM
TSMontana
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/10/09 3:16 PM
Usually, the grease comes from low-quality and/or fatty meats (pepperoni, sausage, etc). If you have a slice of cheese pizza, and it's got excessive grease, the cheese is low-quality, or the dough is too oily.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.