UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Tips to avoid getting anything on the matt

5/27/09 9:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello,

I was in class this Sat. and my coach started to talk about ringworms. He started to say everyone will get them and if so please let him know. He said there is someone else in the class that went to him and is sitting out a week to heal up.

Now I understand this may be a common thing, but It is not common for me. I have never had anything like this and wanted to get so tips from the pros on how to overcome this setback?

Right now I shower after class (maybe 30 mins to an hour afterwards considering driving time and a bite to eat), use my own towel and change shirts between classes (1 hour MT then 1 hour BJJ).

Besides that what else should or could I be doing and is there anything out there on the market to stop 90% of me getting Ringworm or whatever else could be out there? What else is common to get on the matt too.

TIA
5/27/09 7:01 PM
Horus2001
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you can ringworm from more than just the mat. you can get it from someone else, animals, dirt, weight machines. what you have to do is keep clean and know what the signs are: a small itchy spot that stays really itchy until it blooms into a ring. you can use an antifungal or bleach if you don't care about scarring. google how to treat ringworm.

now if you want something to worry about, worry about MRSA. unlike ringworm, it can range from annoying to fatal. to make it worse, .90 of all people are carriers. just picking your nose will expose you to it.
5/28/09 10:12 AM
Pson

Horus2001 - you can ringworm from more than just the mat. you can get it from someone else, animals, dirt, weight machines. what you have to do is keep clean and know what the signs are: a small itchy spot that stays really itchy until it blooms into a ring. you can use an antifungal or bleach if you don't care about scarring. google how to treat ringworm.

now if you want something to worry about, worry about MRSA. unlike ringworm, it can range from annoying to fatal. to make it worse, .90 of all people are carriers. just picking your nose will expose you to it.

Thank you for the information, but another key point ios I don't have it. My main goal here is to find out what to use to ensure I don't get it.
6/4/09 4:13 PM
simthefarmer

www.defensesoap.com
6/8/09 4:19 PM
savage animal
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shower immediately after class 
6/11/09 11:22 PM
Captain Awesome

any time you sweat and are touching anything (mat, ppl) shower asap.
asap
and you shoudl be fine

I make it a goal to shower before the sweat dries
6/13/09 5:55 PM
pats0
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.nwcaskinprevention.com/webinar/home.asp
6/15/09 2:40 PM
Pson

savage animal - shower immediately after class 

Try to do that now, but often have a 20min drive from the gym.
6/15/09 2:41 PM
Pson

pats0 - http://www.nwcaskinprevention.com/webinar/home.asp

Nice thank you for the link.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.