UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> See Man On Wire!

5/29/09 3:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Thornton
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/29/09 3:08 PM

Speaking of amazing movies, last night I watched 'Man on Wire'. Its the story of an amazing guy by the name of Philippe Petit. He is the worlds only high wire walker that works outside a circus environment. In 1978 he snuck into the the world trade center towers with a team , snuck to the top, strung a wire between the two tallest building in NYC (a 1/4 mile high), and walked back and forth along the wire for 45 minutes. What more can I say, it was absolutely amazing.
There is an incredible photo capturing the moment Philippe first stepped onto the wire a quarter mile high in the air, and just as he reached the middle portion a huge smile appeared on his face. Now that is f**king punk rock!
What was just as interesting to me were the interviews with Philippe. If you get the DVD there is an extras section that also shows his walk across a bridge in Australia, and an extended interview. On the interview Phillip discusses his philosophy on living, and why he does what he does. To me he represented in many ways pure dynamic quality, in every sense of that expression.
www.manonwire.com

6/5/09 3:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Posty Magee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the best documentaries of all time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.