UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Step Child adoption

5/31/09 11:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ceelopez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys, me and the wife are kinda stuck in a rut. Hopefully one of you Online Lawyers can help!

Now this is happening in California, I have been trying to adopt my step daughter for quite some time now. The Bio dad is not in the picture BUT refuses to let me adopt her stating that he wants to be part of her life, now.. This guy hasnt been a part of her life every since she was born.. Not even on the birth certificate. He is about 10-12k behind on child support, when he did pay child support probably every 3 months it was only 90 bucks. Now, when I brought up the whole adoption to him on the phone a year ago he said NO, he wants to be part of her life. I said ok, well I just wait and see... a year has gone by and no phone call, he stopped paying child support, and he left the country... Again, I track him down in hoping that I wont find him but I do and we talk once again... AGAIN he said no and is looking to get back into her life... she's about 6 and I am all she knows as a father figure... I think having him come into her life at this time will be detramental to her... So Im stuck! Im going to take his ass to court for child abandonment... 6yrs no contact, failed child support, Drug use, instability at home... What can I do? Is this a cut and dry case? Or does he actually have a chance at actually getting part custody... I am just soo  pissed off atm... He does nothing, he says he's working on a music career... wtf! Gah, so Im stuck... can anyone give me any insight1?
6/1/09 5:55 PM
Ceelopez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey thanks for the info, yea there is no exagerration in there. The guy has never been a part of her life, he had visitation rights and always canceled on that day. He has and probably still has a drug problem. And what fucking erked me the most was that he had the odasity to fucking say that its his family its his name tattooed on my wife's leg, and my daughter has his blood. I almost blew up right there but I kept my calm and answered, "

well from what i see that tattoo has been long gone, erased from skin as you were erased from memory, and ya she has your blood, the blood that you abandoned"

so you think we can do this with no lawyer? If that is correct I am so down to do that. Can we have him take a piss test too? just anything that will basically drop any claims off the fucker will help. If I ever meet him I swear I dont know what I would do.
6/2/09 10:29 AM
Fake Pie
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I highly recommend getting a lawyer especially in a family law case. The court has broad powers in such a case and if the guy actually defends himself there could be a fight on your hands. You definitely want a lawyer to make sure you present the best arguments possible on the best angles that will be known to an experienced family lawyer in your state.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.